Ok a couple of things, need help

Options
Katz77
Katz77 Member Posts: 598
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
read somewhere, think it was you shy, about dohhh moments. K #1 how do I e-mail people. I got off without replying and can't seem to get back to my mail. Sighhh! It it the csn email?
#2 my diagnosis is/was IDC stage 3, HERneu2, Er and Pr positive (i thought). 18/20 positive nodes.
Had to update papers, or varify address etc and seen diagnosis. Different a little. Poorly differentated? Whats that? ER+, but PR-. Whats that mean? The HERneu2 is followed by 3+. uhhhhh Thought I was a 10. lol Whats the 3+ mean? Now I rember the "dicussion" between my surgeon and my rads doc. Surgeon says 18/20 nodes and rads doc says 28/38 positive nodes. Rads guy says he went and counted them. I told them both, as I watched so ammused, anything over 3-4 ur kind of screwed anyways.
It was kind of funny even then. Like two little kids fighting over who was more righter. lol
So, er+,pr-? and 3+. Don't forget about email. Thanks Katz

Comments

• reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Can answer one of your questions
    Hey Katz,

I do know the "poorly differentiated" means that it is a highly aggressive cancer. It's the same thing as "grade 3". At least that's what mine was. It said "grade 3 poorly differentiated". ER+ is the estrogen receptor was positive, PR- is the progesterone receptor was negative, and the HER neu2 is the Human Epidermal Receptor. Now whether or not it is pos. or neg., I don't know. The 3+ may mean the same thing as grade 3. As far as e-mail goes, try going on the first page to the connections column to e-mail and see if that works. I hope this helps.

Reese
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options

Can answer one of your questions
    Hey Katz,

I do know the "poorly differentiated" means that it is a highly aggressive cancer. It's the same thing as "grade 3". At least that's what mine was. It said "grade 3 poorly differentiated". ER+ is the estrogen receptor was positive, PR- is the progesterone receptor was negative, and the HER neu2 is the Human Epidermal Receptor. Now whether or not it is pos. or neg., I don't know. The 3+ may mean the same thing as grade 3. As far as e-mail goes, try going on the first page to the connections column to e-mail and see if that works. I hope this helps.

Reese

Thank you guys. I'll try the
    Thank you guys. I'll try the email advice. HERneu2+. Oh well. I've come this far, will just keep going. Ima not scared. I'm scrappy. Nite to everyone. Katz
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Hi
    #1 e-mail
    go Home (right upper corner), then inbox or write email
    #2 about lymph nodes: surgeon 20/18 positive - out of 20 removed 18 were positive with cancer; radiation 28/38positive you should ask him. Everyone has different number of lymph nodes usually between 20 to 30. How many were taken vary from person to person as well as from qualification of your surgeon. The best source is your pathology report. Ask for it if you have concerns.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • pscheer
    pscheer Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Thank you guys. I'll try the
    Thank you guys. I'll try the email advice. HERneu2+. Oh well. I've come this far, will just keep going. Ima not scared. I'm scrappy. Nite to everyone. Katz

I'm HERneu2+. Her2 is
    I'm HERneu2+. Her2 is considered + or -, just like ER and PR are + or -. HER2+ has levels of how fast it is reproducing cells. Mine is 7+. Sounds like yours is multiplying at a rate of 3+. (It's still called HERnew2+). Don't let the number scare you. They are stopping mine from multiplying too rapidly or overexpressing by giving me Herceptin. I am almost done with my treatment. I am ER- and PR-. They gave me surgery, chemo and Radiation, and Herceptin. Chemo was Taxotere and Carboplatin, along with Herceptin. That's called TCH. I don't know how to use email on this, so if you email me, post something so I will know to go look for it. Hugs!