Considering nips after tram-flap

Options
webbwife50
webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had tram-flap recon. last December. I still feel very tight at times in the scar lines. I tend to form keolords and my thinking is that I don't want to do the nipples until my new boobies have settled more or less permanantly. My ps tell me he'll even them up (one is a little bigger and higher on my chest than the other, when I do the nipples. I was hoping for the advice or thougts you'all might have? Sometimes they still hurt too. Thanks ahead of time.
Alison

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi Alison i didnt have the
    Hi Alison i didnt have the tram flap...i had the expanders then the implants. I am at the stage of nipple reconstruction too and undecided if im going to have it done or just get the tattos. I see my PS Friday to discuss this but i first want to know how its going to be done. Im just not sure if i want the extra surgery and what if they dont take the first time...then its another surgery.
    I also have the issue of one not settling yet and im not doing anything until they are as even as they are going to get on there own cuz i dont want lopsided nipples to match...LOL!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi Alison i didnt have the
    Hi Alison i didnt have the tram flap...i had the expanders then the implants. I am at the stage of nipple reconstruction too and undecided if im going to have it done or just get the tattos. I see my PS Friday to discuss this but i first want to know how its going to be done. Im just not sure if i want the extra surgery and what if they dont take the first time...then its another surgery.
    I also have the issue of one not settling yet and im not doing anything until they are as even as they are going to get on there own cuz i dont want lopsided nipples to match...LOL!

Here are my thoughts ... Bi lateral Mactmy 1/12/10
    tissue expanders withy biweekly fills .. 120 cc was my choice of fill size, ended up with 'C' Cup - solid, just ask Misty Jo, Tony, Cindy Flynn or Bella Luna - I have no issues showing 'Fire and Ice' off to anyone and everyone .. several mishaps along the way, a bit of a fall in my right breast (Ice), so yesterday I endure surgery #8 in 13 months to fix her ... My PS is a perfectionist, and insisted - he fought with my Blue Cross insurance company -- and won, his office squeeze me in 1 day before I lost my medical coverage entirely .. so I am not going to attempt another surgery for several years - as you can have your nipples reconstructed at any point in time .. I will however, have my 3D tatt's perfomed in my PS office - under local in 6 months .. paying out of my pocket .. about 1200.00 - cash discount - will be applied at that point in time.

My poor and tired body has been thru enough, served me well this past 14 months, now it's time for ME .. to return the favor, and take CARE of my body, heart and soul. 3 D tatt's a must-- no more surgeries - for at least 2 years.

Happy researching, and gathering of information.

Strength, and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Here are my thoughts ... Bi lateral Mactmy 1/12/10
    tissue expanders withy biweekly fills .. 120 cc was my choice of fill size, ended up with 'C' Cup - solid, just ask Misty Jo, Tony, Cindy Flynn or Bella Luna - I have no issues showing 'Fire and Ice' off to anyone and everyone .. several mishaps along the way, a bit of a fall in my right breast (Ice), so yesterday I endure surgery #8 in 13 months to fix her ... My PS is a perfectionist, and insisted - he fought with my Blue Cross insurance company -- and won, his office squeeze me in 1 day before I lost my medical coverage entirely .. so I am not going to attempt another surgery for several years - as you can have your nipples reconstructed at any point in time .. I will however, have my 3D tatt's perfomed in my PS office - under local in 6 months .. paying out of my pocket .. about 1200.00 - cash discount - will be applied at that point in time.

My poor and tired body has been thru enough, served me well this past 14 months, now it's time for ME .. to return the favor, and take CARE of my body, heart and soul. 3 D tatt's a must-- no more surgeries - for at least 2 years.

Happy researching, and gathering of information.

Strength, and Courage:

Vicki Sam

Thank you
    Thank you both for responding. I didn't know about 3D tatoos. My biggest concern right now is scar tissue. God bless...Alison