EEEEE

JUDYV5
JUDYV5 Member Posts: 392
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Almost 4 months past treatment went back for the scope. My second NED. The resident who performed it looked about 18 - but it was the less invasive scope I have had done. I was impressed with this Doctor. Of course when I go back in January he won't be there. Sigh !!

Comments

• Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Doogie Houser
    Congrats on NED Judy!

My GI doc who did my PEG looked like Doogie Houser also - about 15. Made me feel old, plus he kept calling me sir. Dang young whippersnappers.

Congrats again!
    Greg
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Greg53 said:

Doogie Houser
    Congrats on NED Judy!

My GI doc who did my PEG looked like Doogie Houser also - about 15. Made me feel old, plus he kept calling me sir. Dang young whippersnappers.

Congrats again!
    Greg

Greg - You Are Old....
    OK, LOL, I meant experienced....

Judy, congrats on the clean scope and hitting that EEEE note.

Best,
    John
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    All my doctors are young...LOL
    Great new Judy, love reading the NED reports ;-) All of my doctors are considerably younger than me and everytime they would say "you're young and strong so you will get through this" I would almost laugh. Some days I feel like the whole world is younger than me - LOL

Sweet gave me a great idea, I now tell everyone that I am 79 so they will think I look fantastic for my age. No more lying and saying I'm younger than what I am, I am now adding years on instead - LOL

Stay well,
    Glenna
  • JUDYV5
    JUDYV5 Member Posts: 392
    Blushed
    When I told the young resident how impressed I was he actually blushed.
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Great news!
    Congratulations!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228

Great news!
    Congratulations!

Congrats
    I have an ENT appt in November I'm sure they will be scoping me. I've not had that done in a while. I hate that. My ENT has young residents too, and they are all nice looking men. I think I could be a cougar. :-D

sweet
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Skiffin16 said:

Greg - You Are Old....
    OK, LOL, I meant experienced....

Judy, congrats on the clean scope and hitting that EEEE note.

Best,
    John

Hey I may be old, but I'm....
    I may be old, but I'm.............................................wait a minute I forgot???
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

Congrats
    I have an ENT appt in November I'm sure they will be scoping me. I've not had that done in a while. I hate that. My ENT has young residents too, and they are all nice looking men. I think I could be a cougar. :-D

sweet

Meoww....OH, I mean..GRRRR
    Now Nizzy might not like you being a Cougar....but you are just a small little thing at that though...I think Nizzy can take you... :)

JG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Judy

I was at the ER a few weeks ago and my wife was saying the same thing, Boy they are sure letting these Doctors out early now, that last one only looks to be about 17 years old, I hope he knows what he is doing.
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665

Congrats

sweet

Cougar!
    I like your idea sweet! i saw one the other day & boy was he easy on the eye's lol. He's lucky though I have no energy to chase him lol! But looking won't kill me yet!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    rozaroo said:

Cougar!
    I like your idea sweet! i saw one the other day & boy was he easy on the eye's lol. He's lucky though I have no energy to chase him lol! But looking won't kill me yet!

Nizzy wouldn't want anyone
    Nizzy wouldn't want anyone near me young or old. He can't take me. But lemme tell you he is a squirmy buggerand it's not easy to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. He doesn't have to 'take' me. He gets what he wants by being adorable. I'm his human. :)

Roz you think I would have learned something after me dating a 29 year old ended in a train wreck. But I probably didn't cause it was fun while it lasted. ;-)
  • miccmill
    miccmill Member Posts: 248
    Hondo said:

Hi Judy

I was at the ER a few weeks ago and my wife was saying the same thing, Boy they are sure letting these Doctors out early now, that last one only looks to be about 17 years old, I hope he knows what he is doing.

Young Residents
    Judy! congratulations on the NED.

Glenn's new resident (came on in July) looks like he may even be able to shave.........next year.

We joke at work "Don't they have to graduate from High School before they can become a doctor?"
  • seesaw
    seesaw Member Posts: 15
    Great news!

Great news!
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Judy
    Great news! Thanks for sharing.

Anyone else here have trouble saying "EEEEEEEEE" with your tongue stuck out? Mine sounds more like "bleauuuuuuuuuuuuuu."
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Excellent Judy
    Judy, congrats, news such as this is always good to hear. Cheers

Jimbo
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    D Lewis said:

Judy
    Great news! Thanks for sharing.

Anyone else here have trouble saying "EEEEEEEEE" with your tongue stuck out? Mine sounds more like "bleauuuuuuuuuuuuuu."

EEEEEE
    I am being treated now, 13 years post treatment, for my inability to make certain sounds. They run that scope down my throat and ask me to say EEEEEE which I do in a very low tone. They then ask me to raise the pitch and all I can do is laugh because my first attempt was in my high pitch.

Problem is with scar tissue on the trigeminal nerve and the paralysis of my left vocal cord. Lots of other side effects.

Just don't make plans to lead the opera. :>)
  • oldcamper
    oldcamper Member Posts: 27
    Greend said:

EEEEEE
    I am being treated now, 13 years post treatment, for my inability to make certain sounds. They run that scope down my throat and ask me to say EEEEEE which I do in a very low tone. They then ask me to raise the pitch and all I can do is laugh because my first attempt was in my high pitch.

Problem is with scar tissue on the trigeminal nerve and the paralysis of my left vocal cord. Lots of other side effects.

Just don't make plans to lead the opera. :>)

same song
    Funny how they all use EEEEEE. Kinda funny
  • Joel4
    Joel4 Member Posts: 263 Member
    Jimbo55 said:

Excellent Judy
    Judy, congrats, news such as this is always good to hear. Cheers

Jimbo

Scopes
    Glad that went well for you! I go in on Monday for a scope/exam. The last one hurt like a son of a gun, likely due to allergies or a cold so I'm hoping that this one is a little less painful.
    Of course having my doc put his fingers down my throat is the low-light of the visit but as long as I get a good report it is all worth it.
    I haven't been seen in almost eight weeks and I'm actually chomping at the bit to go in. Every little flash of pain I get in my throat sets my imagination on fire and I feel like I need an examination to set my mind at ease. I grow weary of the mental aspect of this disease!