Latest update

Options
jmaddox915
jmaddox915 Member Posts: 80 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi,

For some reason I feel a need to post an update here. I must admit that I am not a frequent contributor here. I mostly read and see where everyone else is and offer anything that might be helpful from time to time.

I was told I was NED on April 6th after being dx with Stage IV July of 2009. I had my last chemo treatment on Feb 8th. My 3 month checkup was July and overall the CT scan looked good except an abnormal cyst on my remaining ovary. It was recommended to remove the ovary and cyst as a precaution. All indicators such as CEA levels and CA 125 were normal. My oncology gyn surgeon was fairly confident that it was non-cancerous. I had the surgery Sept 13th and low and behold it was cancerous. My doctors feel like they removed the cancer surgically but of course the cyst burst and I had some leakage into my abdominal area. My oncologist recommended doing a round of chemo to be on the safe side.

I had another CT scan this past Monday and went into today for my first treatment on Camptosar and will start taking 3 pills twice of day of Xelonda for 10 days and then 10 days off. He is recommending 6 treatments. This scan showed my pelvis area looked "dirty" which he said could be cancer trying to take hold or scar tissue from my surgery and now my liver which showed clear now looks like it may have some kind of spot that he is not sure about.

I don't know that I am really posting this looking for anything...I guess it just makes me feel better to write it out.

I do feel blessed in many ways and know I could be in much worse circumstances.

Anyway, thank you for reading and for being on the board.

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted
    Some of us don't post as often as others, but frequency is not a requirement here.

Sounds like you are in the active fight again, so sorry for that.

I am hoping that this is only a minor setback and that the chemo treatments work their magic for you.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Please Post When Ever You Need To
    I know it helps me to just put things down on what used to be paper but now is the computer. I keep a folder entitled Musings just for that.

I am sorry to hear of this new development and the recent turn of events. I will be hoping that the spot on your liver comes to nothing and that your chemo treatments take care of everything.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options

Glad you posted
    Some of us don't post as often as others, but frequency is not a requirement here.

I am hoping that this is only a minor setback and that the chemo treatments work their magic for you.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

sorry
    I too am sorry you are back at the treatment game.....have never done camptosar.....but i have done a mountain of xeloda and find it to be generally fairly tolerable....

had some abdominal pain but really not a bad drug

good luck

mags
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Glad you posted

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

l feel sorry
    to hear your suspects but hope is a minor unforeseen .
    Send you good vibes from Barcelona!
  • jmaddox915
    Options
    Lori-S said:

Please Post When Ever You Need To
    I know it helps me to just put things down on what used to be paper but now is the computer. I keep a folder entitled Musings just for that.

I am sorry to hear of this new development and the recent turn of events. I will be hoping that the spot on your liver comes to nothing and that your chemo treatments take care of everything.

Thank you all for posting
    Thank you all for posting your comments and well wishes. I really appreciate it and it has lifted my spirits.

If you believe as I do in God's grace, I ask that you pray for me and family. Thank you again.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Thank you all for posting
    Thank you all for posting your comments and well wishes. I really appreciate it and it has lifted my spirits.

If you believe as I do in God's grace, I ask that you pray for me and family. Thank you again.

you bet, I will continue to
    you bet, I will continue to keep you in my prayers!!
  • jmaddox915
    Options
    Nana b said:

you bet, I will continue to
    you bet, I will continue to keep you in my prayers!!

Thank you Nana b. And I
    Thank you Nana b. And I will do the same for you.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Post Away
    Gosh the doc telling you the abdominal area looked "dirty" and liver had "spot" or something I'd tell him lets make sure what we are talking about. This disease has so many ups and downs it can drive you crazy. Hopefully, the treatment they are giving you will clear things up. All this probably sounds scary to you right now but take a deep breath, take one day at a time, and come back and let us know how things are going.

Take care - Tina
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Options
    So sorry for your news. You
    So sorry for your news. You will be in our prayers.
    God bless,
    Linda and Ellie