Good for you. That's great.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Pat,
    Good for you. That's great.

PADEE .... Why to go .. it's a drag (get it) to quit, been
    there and done that ... cold turkey was my method of quitting, all the excuses, all the lies that I told myself .. nothing feels better, than being smoke free -

There will be times, when you want to go and pick up a pack of smokes -- yes, just think of them as smokes -- something that smoldering inside our bodies, and rid us of health, life and happiness! Give yourself .. 15 minutes look at the clock, and do something else - wash dishes, go outside and pick up dog poop ... clean out the inside of your car .. it worked for me ... We are WARRIORS, and can do ANYTHING!!!!!! Cigarette's equal cancer growth .. research and doctors tell us .!

Cigarette smell --- no more!

Vicki Sam
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    11 DAYS AND COUNTING
    Thabnks so much for your support and kind words. I think the trigger for me to quit was when they brought in the oxygen tanks. That was the biggest kick in the arse I've ever received. Actually, I couldn't walk from the living room into the kitchen without having to stop and bend over to breathe or find a chair to sit on. I cannot believe how much better breathing has gotten in the 11 days. I'm doing this cold turkey - don't want to trade one habit for another. My biggest hurdle now is to stop putting food into my mouth instead of a cigarette. Last night was the worst. I have my Mom with me (yesterday was her 89th birthday, bless her heart) and I always have snacks in the house for her. So last night I hit the cheesie balls, the ice cream and the cranberry bread. Bad me. But I am already starting to feel the healing effects of being smoke free, but like someone said, don't mess with a woman breaking the nicotine habit. I think I have one nerve left and don't want anyone to get on it - LOLOLOLOL. But thanks for the support. This is harder than Chemo!
    Hugs - Pat
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    That is some of the BEST
    That is some of the BEST news I have read all day!!! Congratulations to you~ keep it up and you will be able to proudly join the ranks of ex-smokers! YAY YAY YAY~so proud of you!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Best news all day
    What faboulous news. This has made me smile!Congratulations on your hard won achievement.
    Hugs,K
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    Options
    good for you!!! i'm next.
    good for you!!! i'm next. always an excuse though. chemo is stressful. that's my current excuse. ugh.

we don't need them!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

good for you!!! i'm next.
    good for you!!! i'm next. always an excuse though. chemo is stressful. that's my current excuse. ugh.

we don't need them!

Congratulations Pat
    13 days today
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    JUST KEEP GOING
    You have it beat! As each day passes you will feel better & better.

Hugs
    Georgia