Bjmom Update

Options
bjmom1
bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thanks everyone for asking about me and sending me love. I am doing ok, I had the radiation treatment on Sept 2. it went alright the side effect did not start happening until this week. The pain has went down a little but it still there.

I have gone fly fishing for women with cancer and it was a great get away. I was the only met breast cancer person their and I got to tell my story and encourage the other women to keep fighting and never give up hope. I had so much fun talking an laughing with these wonderful people that I almost forgot that I had cancer until the pain start kicking in LOL. I suggest that everyone try fly fishing it is fun and it is free for women with cancer.

Sending all of you a big Cyber Hug
Barb

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Barb
    it is so good to hear from you. Here we were worried about you when
    all you have done was " Gone Fishing" = )

It sounds like you really had a wonderful time. I have never been fishing
    and when it comes down to it, it's because I am a wuss. I would feel
    really bad for the fish.

I hope that your pain fell wear off over time and you will have many
    more adventures like this one.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Barb thats great besides the
    Barb thats great besides the pain part...Youve been gone for awhile and now we know you were actually out..."GONE FISHING" LOL!
    Im with Ayse...im too much of a wuss and would feel bad for the fish...LOL!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Good for you!!
    I'm glad you got out and did something fun. You need more of them days. Just put the mat out Gone Fishing and take off. I use to load my horse up and go to the Forrest and ride. There is nothing better then that. Take care Kay,
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options

Good for you!!
    I'm glad you got out and did something fun. You need more of them days. Just put the mat out Gone Fishing and take off. I use to load my horse up and go to the Forrest and ride. There is nothing better then that. Take care Kay,

Happy to hear
    So happy to hear that you been on a fishing trip. The fish on the other hand aren't so happy.
    Really glad that you had such a good time even through the pain. Welcome home we'll all chat soon.

Peace and Love,
    Edie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cookie97 said:

Happy to hear
    So happy to hear that you been on a fishing trip. The fish on the other hand aren't so happy.
    Really glad that you had such a good time even through the pain. Welcome home we'll all chat soon.

Peace and Love,
    Edie

Barb, keeping you close to my heart ...sending lots of
    cyber hugs and prayers your way.

Strength and Courage:-D

VickiSam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Barb,
    Thanks for posting. Glad you got to do something you enjoy. Hope the pain continues to go away. Hugs, Jean
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    BJ... Happy to hear you got
    BJ... Happy to hear you got away and met up with some great gals and had some good laughs. Cyber hugs being sent back to you.
    BL
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

BJ... Happy to hear you got
    BJ... Happy to hear you got away and met up with some great gals and had some good laughs. Cyber hugs being sent back to you.
    BL

Barb went Fishing!
    Hey Barb! We have all been wondering and worrying about you. Thank you for checking in with us.

I am thrilled to know that you went fly fishing! My hubby and I haven't done it yet, but, we plan on it. One of our favorite movies is A River Runs Through It, by Robert Redford. I think it has the most beautiful scenery and the fly fishing looks amazing and so serene.

I have heard about the program that you went on. I think that is so great that they offer that.

I pray for you every day and will continue Barb! Take care and check in more often.

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Barb,
    Thanks for posting. Glad you got to do something you enjoy. Hope the pain continues to go away. Hugs, Jean

Great to see you post on
    Great to see you post on here again Barb. And, so happy that you got to go fly fishing! How wonderful!

I pray for you every day and will always,

Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Barb went Fishing!
    Hey Barb! We have all been wondering and worrying about you. Thank you for checking in with us.

I am thrilled to know that you went fly fishing! My hubby and I haven't done it yet, but, we plan on it. One of our favorite movies is A River Runs Through It, by Robert Redford. I think it has the most beautiful scenery and the fly fishing looks amazing and so serene.

I have heard about the program that you went on. I think that is so great that they offer that.

I pray for you every day and will continue Barb! Take care and check in more often.

Sue :)

Glad that your rad treatment
    Glad that your rad treatment has eased your pain bjmom. And, how incredible about the fly fishing. I am so happy for you.

Wishing you good luck with the rest of your treatments and keep us updated.