call

Options
tina dasilva
tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Today we got a call a liver doctor we have to go and see him on Monday at 3 a little worried on what hes going to say

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Tina
    Maybe this is a good or even great thing. The liver doctor may be evaluating your husband's case to determine if there are other treatments your husband could do. I know it is not easy, but try not to worry too much until you hear what (s)he has to say. I am hoping for good things, + I am glad the appointment is soon; waiting is always the hardest part IMO. Take good care!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Tina
    Maybe this is a good or even great thing. The liver doctor may be evaluating your husband's case to determine if there are other treatments your husband could do. I know it is not easy, but try not to worry too much until you hear what (s)he has to say. I am hoping for good things, + I am glad the appointment is soon; waiting is always the hardest part IMO. Take good care!

Tina
    Tina you can only go and hear what he/she has to say.....maybe you want to hear it maybe you don't

best of luck to both of you on Monday

maggie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Tina
    Tina you can only go and hear what he/she has to say.....maybe you want to hear it maybe you don't

best of luck to both of you on Monday

maggie

Tina......
    You know, the hardest part about all of this is what they have to say, but picture this, your husband feels good enough to go to work and keep busy, and its not like the Dr is going to say,"OK you have to quit work right now"....Understand what is reality in all of this...he feels good and it shows by him wanting to continue to keep working, so it can't be anything that will be life stopping instantaneously....and , it could be god news. So, wrap your head around the aspect that no matter what it is it will not be instant, there will be plenty of time to digest and get a game plan going, and that's only if its not good news, as it may very well be.......Love, Hope, and Patience to you both, Clift
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Monday will get here
    Tina

One thing I have learned from this cancer you will get your answer Monday and whatever the outcome you will deal with it the best you can until then try to put it out
    of your mind and enjoy the rest of the week

Sheri22
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Appointment
    This could be a good appointment. Remember though if you don't like the answer or where he/she wants to go with this treatment always seek another opinion. You have a lot of options out there and just make sure you seek everyone of them. Good luck on Monday. You both are in my prayers for a great outcome.

Kim
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Tina
    It's so hard not to let our minds rush to the future. Part of it is that we try to prepare for the worse, just in case. Try not to do that ... yes, I know easier said that done. It's so important with this da** cancer that you enjoy the times in between with your loved one because there are so many times in between and they can add up. Hang in there, try to busy yourself with hubby and things that will get you through the next few days and worry about things when they happen. I will be thinking of you guys and hoping for all the best from your visit on Monday
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Waiting is so hard
    I understand the anxiety. I'll be praying for peace for both of you while you wait to hear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Waiting is so hard
    I understand the anxiety. I'll be praying for peace for both of you while you wait to hear.

*hugs*
    Gail

Not sure if you husband has liver mets, but
    I would think that him wanting to see you is good, I had to be accepted by my liver surgeon. If he looked at my scans and said no way, then I didn't even make it to him. So hopefully it is good news. My ONC directed by liver surgeon on what he would do. When the liver surgeon asked for new scans he couldn't see the the mets and said he would not do the surgery now, and the ONC said you saw them on the previous scan go in and look for them..YEAH ONC..so, he did the surgery and found them...... Bottom line, just because a met does not light up on a scan does not mean it's not there. That is why we do mop up chemo.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Hun
    Waiting is our bane. Our anxiety.
    Thing to learn is, (and I don't say this lightly, I haven't learned myself yet, although I try), patience. Enjoy the weekend, try not to worry about seeing liver guy. If I got an appointment to see the Liver surgeon, I'd be out of this world in joy, figuring, they could do something about my mets to the liver. However, I've never got that call. My liver remains the same, no liver surgeon to the rescue.
    So I'm thinking this is good news.
    And darn it, I'm so proud of you taking concern over your husband, what a woman!!
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    wow, my first post to post twice
    oh well, must be that good.
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options

wow, my first post to post twice
    oh well, must be that good.

thank you so much guys i
    thank you so much guys i cry all the time and when i read your massages i cry with joy i cant believe that there is so much who cares i love you guys