massage for breast cancer patients

Options
roseyposey333
roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Got a call from my breast cancer coalition and they asked if I wanted to participate in a training for massage therapists who are learning how to give massage to breast cancer patients. They are already massage therapists but are specializing in breast cancer patients and their particular problems such as lymphodema and shoulder pain and such.

I am getting a 90 minute massage, no charge, to help them perfect their skills and I am happy to volunteer my body to science,lol, how lucky am I. R

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi roseyposey,
    Lucky you!!!! I love massages. I need to treat myself to one real soon. Let us know how it was!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Lucky you
    and so selfless of you to volunteer. LOL Enjoy for all of us.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Very generous of you to give
    Very generous of you to give up 90 minutes of your day to have someone massage you in the name of science! I hope they have to do a few back-to-back sessions, so you have some comparison! How can it be scientific if you have no idea if they have improved or still need improvement? LOL Not to mention the therapist needing to know if this is helping you??? I see many many massages in your future! Have a great time!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Very generous of you to give
    Very generous of you to give up 90 minutes of your day to have someone massage you in the name of science! I hope they have to do a few back-to-back sessions, so you have some comparison! How can it be scientific if you have no idea if they have improved or still need improvement? LOL Not to mention the therapist needing to know if this is helping you??? I see many many massages in your future! Have a great time!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

This is great Rosey! A free
    This is great Rosey! A free massage and I am sure it will help you and help bc sisters in the future!

So, thank you for doing this!

I hope you enjoy the massage!

Hugs, Debby
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    You are so lucky ...a 90
    You are so lucky ...a 90 minute massage in the name of science...Do you think they would be comin to Iowa...LOL!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!!
    Volunteering your time like that. LOL Enjoy,
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Rosie
    you are one lucky woman! I've never had a massage but it sure would be nice to have a free one in the name of science! I'm envious! Has me thinking what a massage would feel like???? Enjoy, Char
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Rosie
    you are one lucky woman! I've never had a massage but it sure would be nice to have a free one in the name of science! I'm envious! Has me thinking what a massage would feel like???? Enjoy, Char

I am soooooo jealous.
    My neurologist just suggested that I should have massages. Wondering where I find someone who specializes in BC patients....
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Mama G said:

I am soooooo jealous.
    My neurologist just suggested that I should have massages. Wondering where I find someone who specializes in BC patients....

I bet
    I bet you can even get community service hours for this! Wouldn't that be hoot? Do enjoy and make the best af a really tough situation, all that time and all.

Peace and Love,
    Edie