Hey PA, NJ, MD, DC Girls!

Options
Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Are we still interested in getting together near Philadelphia. We had interest from past posts, but nothing was done. Meena & MerleBee, can you recommend some place, maybe outside of Philly? Looks like some don't like to drive in the big cities. Also, everyone please throw out some dates that you would be available.

From the last post here are some people that are close and some newbies that look to be near us. If I forgot anyone feel free to respond.

Linpsu, Bunny Jane, lanie940, denbralou, meena 1, sausageroll, MerleBee, GayleMc, Mom Michelle, padee6330, sohardbnme, carriesoup, and Jean 0609.

Carkis, when are you going to visit your daughter in school again. You probably pass near Philly on your way down.

Let me know what you all think.

Comments

• linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Count me in
    Jean -
    I am definitely interested, but am unfamiliar with restaurants in Philly, except for one near the Franklin Museum, but can't remember the name. It would be great if we could do it while the weather is still nice - in October?
    Linda
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I don't think I know you,
    I don't think I know you, Jean, but after all, we ARE all sisters. I have cahtted with Meena a few times and God knows I would LOVE to meet her! I believe the only other names I'm familiar with are Gayle, Bunny Jane and Carkis. I'm in Jersey and I would, for sure, be interested in going to something like this. I'm going through a bit of a tough time coming to the site. I was hoping I could become more of a supporter, but reading posts from newcomers, people going through treatment and worse yet, those that are having recurrences are not settling real well with me. Perhaps in time, I will get better. My email address is marzhere@comcast.net... PLEASE let me know if the plan works. I will DEFINITELY make a strong effort to be there!

Mar ♥
  • Jean 0609
    Options
    Hi Linda & Mar,
    Linda, do you have any particular dates that are good for you. Still waiting to hear from others.

Mar, nice to meet you. If we do decide on a date and place, I will sure to e-mail you to make sure that you get it.

Looking forward to meeting some of my CSN sisters.

Hugs, Jean
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Linda & Mar,
    Linda, do you have any particular dates that are good for you. Still waiting to hear from others.

Mar, nice to meet you. If we do decide on a date and place, I will sure to e-mail you to make sure that you get it.

Looking forward to meeting some of my CSN sisters.

Hugs, Jean

I would love to meet
    I would love to meet everyone, but this chemo is really kicking my a**, maybe the second round will be easier. I do have some ideas, but now the weather is getting cooler. I have problems making decisions!!!
  • MerleBee
    MerleBee Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Places to meet...
    There are a ton of places to meet in South Jersey not far over the Ben Franklin Bridge.. I will be out of commission for a few weeks...surgery of 10/6....I would suggest Redstone on Route 73, or Ponzio's Diner on Route 70...both would be condusive to good conversation...Ponzio's a little more affordable...at any rate...if I can physically be there I will be, otherwise I'll make the second one for sure!
  • Marlene_K
    Options
    meena1 said:

I would love to meet
    I would love to meet everyone, but this chemo is really kicking my a**, maybe the second round will be easier. I do have some ideas, but now the weather is getting cooler. I have problems making decisions!!!

LOL
    I'm not a great decision maker either... that's why I've always thought since I divorced, I needed a man back in my life to make decisions. However, since being forced into being alone, it's not so bad doing what I want, when I want ;) All I have to say is, Meena YOU BETTER be there, wherever and whenever there is! So get strong and KICK THE **** OUTTA CANCER.

Thank you, Jean, for starting this. I'm finding I'm a bit stronger than I thought and I'm visiting more often, so I plan to follow this thread.

Merlebee, you be strong too! Yea, going through treatment brings you down, but what brings you up more than being with sisters? Lets make this happen!

Linda, YAY for your attitude and fortitude!

If I can do it, anyone can do it! I would LOVE THIS!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

LOL
    I'm not a great decision maker either... that's why I've always thought since I divorced, I needed a man back in my life to make decisions. However, since being forced into being alone, it's not so bad doing what I want, when I want ;) All I have to say is, Meena YOU BETTER be there, wherever and whenever there is! So get strong and KICK THE **** OUTTA CANCER.

Thank you, Jean, for starting this. I'm finding I'm a bit stronger than I thought and I'm visiting more often, so I plan to follow this thread.

Merlebee, you be strong too! Yea, going through treatment brings you down, but what brings you up more than being with sisters? Lets make this happen!

Linda, YAY for your attitude and fortitude!

If I can do it, anyone can do it! I would LOVE THIS!

Marlene
    I am glad that you are staying. It is a healing process and it will be better.
    We have been missing you here and you are a real inspirational example for newbies as well.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    MerleBee said:

Places to meet...
    There are a ton of places to meet in South Jersey not far over the Ben Franklin Bridge.. I will be out of commission for a few weeks...surgery of 10/6....I would suggest Redstone on Route 73, or Ponzio's Diner on Route 70...both would be condusive to good conversation...Ponzio's a little more affordable...at any rate...if I can physically be there I will be, otherwise I'll make the second one for sure!

Count me in !!
    I can meet just about anywhere!

Jane
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Lets get together - yea yea yea!
    The only restaurant I was at in Philly was an Italian one near the University of the Arts when my niece graduated from there. I think it was on Broad Street. But they are right abot parking. We stayed 2 nights in this really dumpy motel in Cherry Hill, NJ. Don't know if I'd want to stay there again though. The women who worked in the office wore birka's. Convenience was its only virtue. Of course there is always Pat's and Gino's for eating, if you like standing outside the window placing your order and find a table outside. LOL
  • Jean 0609
    Options
    October 23rd
    Does this day work for anyone that is interested in getting together? Padee6339 and I had planned to meet this day for lunch, however, if this date works for others, maybe we can do our big get together then. If not, we can try November.
  • linpsu
    Options
    Oct. 23
    Oct. 23rd works for me!
    Linda
  • Marlene_K
    Options
    linpsu said:

Oct. 23
    Oct. 23rd works for me!
    Linda

Sorry....once again I slowed
    Sorry....once again I slowed down my visits. I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and I think it was because of all the reading I was doing here. GOD, I've become such a freak! I think I could work out the 23rd and would LOVE to meet up with you all. Let's keep this going! I'll watch for updates. ~ Mar
  • Jean 0609
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

October 23rd
    Does this day work for anyone that is interested in getting together? Padee6339 and I had planned to meet this day for lunch, however, if this date works for others, maybe we can do our big get together then. If not, we can try November.

Bumping
    So far looks like the 23rd works for me, Linda & Marlene. We could still do the 23rd, or maybe move it to November. Possibly then Meena & Merle Bee could join us. Or we could do both. Padee6339 and I had originally planned on meeting at Arundel Mills Mall (near where she lives) on October 23. Let me know your thoughts.
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Sorry....once again I slowed
    Sorry....once again I slowed down my visits. I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and I think it was because of all the reading I was doing here. GOD, I've become such a freak! I think I could work out the 23rd and would LOVE to meet up with you all. Let's keep this going! I'll watch for updates. ~ Mar

I'm going to be so sorry,
    I'm going to be so sorry, but I have to miss the get together due to work schedule. Please let me know how it goes and have a great time!!!
  • Jean 0609
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Bumping
    So far looks like the 23rd works for me, Linda & Marlene. We could still do the 23rd, or maybe move it to November. Possibly then Meena & Merle Bee could join us. Or we could do both. Padee6339 and I had originally planned on meeting at Arundel Mills Mall (near where she lives) on October 23. Let me know your thoughts.

Oct 23
    Doesn't look like Padee6339 can make it on the 23rd. Linda & Mar, are we still good for October 23rd or do you want to wait until November?
  • linpsu
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Bumping

November
    Jean - I am having trouble sending you a private message - I keep hitting a button and it sends a blank message.

If more people can come in November, then maybe I will wait until then. Maybe you and Marlene could keep the Oct. 23rd date and the rest of us try for later when more people can come.

If you are definitely meeting on Oct. 23rd, and I can figure out where Arundel Mills Mall is, then maybe I will join you. Is the Mall near Philadelphia? Or are you talking about Maryland?

I live in Lancaster, which is about 1 1/2 hours from Philly.

Linda
  • Jean 0609
    Options
    Okay girls, let's try November
    Looks like October 23rd isn't going to work. Do we want to try November? I see my plastic surgeon next week to schedule my exchange surgery. So depending on that, we could maybe do November 13, 14, 20 or 21. Do these dates work for any of you?