when does the peace come.....

Options
Kara0221
Kara0221 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've been registered on this site since August? and have quietly sat and read all the posts (enjoying every single one) but never posted.... not sure why- like posting something would make it more real...

I had a lumpectomy (right side) in July followed by another biopsy (left side), followed by radiation....which I have to say was absolutely awfull! The biospy on the left side, came back neg...but for the last 11 weeks I've had bloody discharge...that not a single doctor could explain. I've been told "it's because your hormonal" "we just don't know, give it some more time" I nearly committed homicide.... today I saw yet another doctor...this time she told me she wasn't sure why it was bleeding but lets take it out...
so I'm scheduled for another lumpectomy... I'm tired. I'm tired of doctors, I'm tired of tests, I'm tired of surgeries...I just want peace... when does that come?

sorry, I just got home from the appointment and I'm alone and needed to vent....

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Kara welcome to this site
    Kara welcome to this site and glad you started posting...im so sorry your having a bad day we all have them...and vent away girl...thats why we are all here...to give support! It can be overwhelming at times with all the different doctors and different doctors appointments and surgeries...but there is light at the end of the tunnel it wont last forever although it may seem that way now.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm sorry for what you have
    I'm sorry for what you have been going through. I remember my mother-in-law had a benign lump in her breast and it also bled. She had it out and no more problems. So hang in there once they get it out you will be fine. And Vent all you want we all do. We are here for you what ever you need. Let us know how you are doing when you get a minute. take care Kay
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Vent Away!
    That's what we're here for and we all want and need to vent at some point (or points) on this journey that none of us wanted to be on. Sounds like you've had a rough couple of months. Hopefully your new doctor can find the cause of bleeding and then you can get back to your life. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Sally
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Vent Away!
    That's what we're here for and we all want and need to vent at some point (or points) on this journey that none of us wanted to be on. Sounds like you've had a rough couple of months. Hopefully your new doctor can find the cause of bleeding and then you can get back to your life. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Sally

Welcome
    Welcome to the board you have found a great place for answers. I am sorry for all you have been through. It does get very overwhelming at times and we all need to vent.I will be praying for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Evoling_butterfly
    Options
    Peace
    Well peace is different for each one of us. To be alone is a whole different story unto itself. I think peace comes with time,with understanding, seeing and recognizing cancer for what it is. For me, peace is allowing GOD to walk me through my journey. It doesn't mean I don't cry,feel helpless, lonely and have that need to vent. But it means once the tears dry I can take a deep breathe and keep moving. That's what peace means to me in relation to cancer. I hope you find your peace :)
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options

Peace
    Well peace is different for each one of us. To be alone is a whole different story unto itself. I think peace comes with time,with understanding, seeing and recognizing cancer for what it is. For me, peace is allowing GOD to walk me through my journey. It doesn't mean I don't cry,feel helpless, lonely and have that need to vent. But it means once the tears dry I can take a deep breathe and keep moving. That's what peace means to me in relation to cancer. I hope you find your peace :)

Peace is a very illusive thing
    I have not found it and I've been battling for a little over a year. I think you just move on when it doesn't come and hope and pray it will show up at your doorstep some day. Please.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Kara welcome to the
    bc network. I'm sorry you've had a difficult few months. This however, is the place to vent so I'm glad you posted. I know it can be very frustrating when you see so many drs and no one seems to know why you're bleeding. I hope this issue will be resolved with the lumpectomy. I know it felt like I saw so many drs and had so many tests in the beginning. It's overwhelming. As to when peace comes, I don't know as I haven't gotten there yet. I'm still in treatment.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Kara welcome to the
    bc network. I'm sorry you've had a difficult few months. This however, is the place to vent so I'm glad you posted. I know it can be very frustrating when you see so many drs and no one seems to know why you're bleeding. I hope this issue will be resolved with the lumpectomy. I know it felt like I saw so many drs and had so many tests in the beginning. It's overwhelming. As to when peace comes, I don't know as I haven't gotten there yet. I'm still in treatment.
    {{hugs}} Char

peace comes in fits and
    peace comes in fits and starts and it can be hard to find. I think when you are going through tests its almost impossible for most. so when things settle out you will get some that lasts longer and longer. becomes more managable.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Peace comes with time....
    and a willingness to accept the things you cannot change, change the things you can....

(Sorry, I always loved that prayer...)

I am over 4 years post treatment, 5 years since dx. I still have my moments of sadness for the changes in my life, but, for the most part, I see the good changes over the bad...

Welcome to the site. You will get support and advice, and lots of hugs here...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kara0221
    Kara0221 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    wow-
    thank you ladies for

wow-
    thank you ladies for the wonderful responses. I am doing better today, I guess yesterday was that "why me" moment...
    After alot of tears yesterday with my family (and a very angry teenage daughter) I've come to the point of- ok this is my journey.. (still crying) but realizing there is a purpose for it. I don't have to know why, but I've been called for the ride. I'm hoping that with continued prayer, I can keep this outlook.

Thank you ALL! you are all such wonderful women, very poud to call you sisters in Pink!

-Kara
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    to the club that no one wants to join. I had a lumpectomy and rads starting January 2009 and a few bumps in the road since then. As several others have said, it comes in fits and starts. Seeing so many doctors, having so many tests takes over your life and you think it will never end. It does and your teenage daughter will grow up and hopefully deal with her anger.

Vent any time you need to, we all do and this board is a wonderful place for it.

Maureen
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Welcome
    to the club that no one wants to join. I had a lumpectomy and rads starting January 2009 and a few bumps in the road since then. As several others have said, it comes in fits and starts. Seeing so many doctors, having so many tests takes over your life and you think it will never end. It does and your teenage daughter will grow up and hopefully deal with her anger.

Vent any time you need to, we all do and this board is a wonderful place for it.

Maureen

Hi Kara
    Please follow up with your doc to find a reason for bloody discharge. Do not wait.
    I am glad that you are doing better today and moved on. Peace comes from your inside. When the time comes you will create your own PEACE
    Hugs
  • tambow
    tambow Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Peace be with you, Kara
    Welcome to this wonderful site! This is a great place to vent, to ponder, to comment, to question.....well, it's just a great place to visit because we can all relate to one another. Yes, this "journey" can sometimes be SO overwhelming! The best advice I can offer is to remember to take some time for YOU! Do something YOU enjoy that will allow you to get away from all the BC-related madness. You must be diligent in your fight, but also be diligent in finding time for YOU! Then, the peace will come. :)