Skipper How are you ?

Options
smalldoggroomer
smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been thinking about you and your family. And wanted to see how you are. I pray for you and your family daily. Kay

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Skipper, Yes you and your family - are in my prayers ..
    Hoping your sister is resting comfortably, surrounding by all her loved ones and Angels sent from heaven.

Strength and Courage for you all,

Vicki Sam
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Hoping your sister is resting comfortably, surrounding by all her loved ones and Angels sent from heaven.

Vicki Sam

Sending hugs and prayers to
    Sending hugs and prayers to you and your sister!
  • skipper85
    skipper85 Member Posts: 229
    Options
    Megan M said:

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your sister!

I'm feeling the love. How are you doing?

Skipper
  • skipper85
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Skipper, Yes you and your family - are in my prayers

Thank you Vicki Sam. Everything is as good as it can be at this point in time. How are you doing?

Skipper
  • skipper85
    Options
    Skipper How Are You?
    Hello Kay & Everyone:

My sister is still hanging in there. As a matter of fact they have stopped her nebulizer treatments. She now only has the nose piece for oxygen and with that her oxygen level is now 95. Heart beat is 100. She did get an increase in morphine from 2 to 2.5. Yesterday afternoon they were supposed to run some blood tests and take a chest x-ray to see where she's at. My brother-in-law will hear from the doctor later today I guess. Now they think she doesn't have pneumonia. I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing. I know this doesn't mean there's hope for her. It does mean she is still fighting and God has given her a little more time at least. I am going to try and speak with her again today but she is in and out of it with the morphine. She is still eating some during the day. She's getting wonderful care from the nurses and staff. They have been great with the whole family. God Bless them ALL!

Maybe there are miracles. Thank you for your prayers - they seem to be helping.

I'll keep you posted. As a matter of fact, I was going to post an update this morning when I saw your post asking how things are going.

I'm doing okay - especially since my Mom has accepted what is happening and has been talking with my sister daily about the good times we've had and the old days. We've all been trying to be as positive with my sister as possible and we've all even shared some laughter with her.

The only thing I am very worried about now is my husband. Friday we find out how is pulmonary function tests turned out - I don't think they were too good. He has emphysema along with the lung cancer. Then we'll know if he's a candidate for surgery. If not, I guess there will be radiation and chemo (if they think he weighs enough). I'm praying hard about that.

Thanks again for your prayers and concern.

I'd like to know how you and the other pink ladies that have responded to my posting are doing? I pray for you every day.

Skipper
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    skipper85 said:

Skipper How Are You?
    Hello Kay & Everyone:

My sister is still hanging in there. As a matter of fact they have stopped her nebulizer treatments. She now only has the nose piece for oxygen and with that her oxygen level is now 95. Heart beat is 100. She did get an increase in morphine from 2 to 2.5. Yesterday afternoon they were supposed to run some blood tests and take a chest x-ray to see where she's at. My brother-in-law will hear from the doctor later today I guess. Now they think she doesn't have pneumonia. I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing. I know this doesn't mean there's hope for her. It does mean she is still fighting and God has given her a little more time at least. I am going to try and speak with her again today but she is in and out of it with the morphine. She is still eating some during the day. She's getting wonderful care from the nurses and staff. They have been great with the whole family. God Bless them ALL!

I'll keep you posted. As a matter of fact, I was going to post an update this morning when I saw your post asking how things are going.

I'm doing okay - especially since my Mom has accepted what is happening and has been talking with my sister daily about the good times we've had and the old days. We've all been trying to be as positive with my sister as possible and we've all even shared some laughter with her.

The only thing I am very worried about now is my husband. Friday we find out how is pulmonary function tests turned out - I don't think they were too good. He has emphysema along with the lung cancer. Then we'll know if he's a candidate for surgery. If not, I guess there will be radiation and chemo (if they think he weighs enough). I'm praying hard about that.

I'd like to know how you and the other pink ladies that have responded to my posting are doing? I pray for you every day.

Skipper

It takes a
    strong and special kind of person, not to crumble amidst all that's going
    on in your life. I admire your strength skipper.

I am glad your sister is doing a little better and that your mom is communicating
    with her and making her feel loved.

Also I am hoping for the best results for your husband. Hopefully he will be
    strong enough to get treatment.

You are amazing.

Ayse
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    skipper85 said:

Skipper How Are You?
    Hello Kay & Everyone:

Skipper

Hi skipper
    Wow your sister fights hard. We can all learn from her. I am fine feeling good these days. Hope it last LOL. Was just worried about you. Needed to know you was OK. Glad you are. I am praying for your sister and your husband. Please let us know what happens Fri. Just had to check on my sister Take care Kay, {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Skipper
    glad to hear from you. It sounds as if you're taking it one day at a time. That's a good thing. Does your sister have hospice care? Hoping the results of your husband's tests are helpful in determining his outcome. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char