Weight off my chest

Options
2»

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

Great news!So glad you got
    Great news!So glad you got those expanders out & your exchange surgery went well. Rest and hugs my friend :)
    -i really got the short end of the stick when it comes to chemo side effects, i hear all the time about your periods stopping when you're on chemo but mine have been here the whole time! i did actually just have a procedure that basically removes the lining of the uterus -i've had terrible problems with mother nature every month since I had my youngest baby Lia, my Dr recommended this procedure & said that alot of women don't even have their periods anymore, and those that do only have light spotting & he said i can kiss those cramps goodbye!
    enjoy your soft new boobies, i can't WAIT for mine :)
    *hugs*
    Heather

Heatherbelle - Love the Mohawk
    You are rocking it sister!! You sure look like fierce fighter now.

I used to have cramps too but they were manageable, never heard
    of the procedure you described. I don't have children and I never
    really thought about that till I got diagnosed.

Now I wonder... I suppose I am just gonna have to miss out on that
    experience. It would increase my chance of recurrence and what if
    I have a child and I get cancer again.. it seems selfish.

Ayse
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

Hi Ayse,
    I am twice happy

Hi Ayse,

I am twice happy for you.. I remember beeing very happy when I got my period back.. who would have thought THAT was going to make us happy.. haha.. I look forward having my exchange surgery soon and feel that same relief you are having now.. what type of surgery was? from your tummy or from your back? I really hope that you get a very quick recovery and that you keep enjoying the little gifts life offers everyday!

When is your surgery ?
    I know, not in a million years did I think I would look forward to my period.. haha
    or to surgery for that matter. But here I am doing exactly that.

I have my follow up appointment today and am curious to see what my boobs look
    like when the bandages come off. Right now of course they look a little flat.

As soon as I get a peek, I will keep you posted.

Ayse