Headaches

Options
beetle25
beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all this is really the first time I have posted. I have a question for those of you who have undergone radiation treatment if any of you happen to have had headaches during these treatments. I am on the fourth week of rads with two more weeks to go and about the second week of treatment I started getting headache. Thought it was a sinus infection and am on antibiotics headaches not going away. Just wondering if anyone else experienced headaches with rads. If they do not go away with the antibiotic treatment I will have to have an MRI.

Hugs to all the pink warriors
Beetle25

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Not headaches.
    I had issues with heartburn which they said was unrelated to radiation. Funny thing is that it went away when the radiation stopped. I bet it's the radiation...it is aimed at one spot but effects our whole body.

Roseann
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    No, never with rads (for
    No, never with rads (for me), but where are you getting rads (to what body area)? Also are you on hormone therapy or any meds? Need more info. An MRI is always a good idea for sudden onset headaches that are unexplained just to make sure. Then, when you get a clean bill of health, there are many options for treatment. My daughter suffers from headaches and migraines so I know a lot about them.
  • beetle25
    Options

No, never with rads (for
    No, never with rads (for me), but where are you getting rads (to what body area)? Also are you on hormone therapy or any meds? Need more info. An MRI is always a good idea for sudden onset headaches that are unexplained just to make sure. Then, when you get a clean bill of health, there are many options for treatment. My daughter suffers from headaches and migraines so I know a lot about them.

rads are only being done on
    rads are only being done on my breast (left one) and no other meds except those that I have been on for awhile. Thyroid meds and pepcid, I have also been put on vitamin D but the headaches were going on before I was put on the vitamin. Headaches are not suppose to be a side effect from radiation however I was just curious if anyone had them while they were undergoing radiation. If the new atibiotics dont resolve the issue then I will have an MRI. I had migraines before these headaches are different. I see the dr again on Thursday to discuss the issue again.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    beetle25 said:

rads are only being done on
    rads are only being done on my breast (left one) and no other meds except those that I have been on for awhile. Thyroid meds and pepcid, I have also been put on vitamin D but the headaches were going on before I was put on the vitamin. Headaches are not suppose to be a side effect from radiation however I was just curious if anyone had them while they were undergoing radiation. If the new atibiotics dont resolve the issue then I will have an MRI. I had migraines before these headaches are different. I see the dr again on Thursday to discuss the issue again.

Yes I had headaches
    It maybe tension. Where does it hurt and what kind of pain? Mine hurt all over mostly in the back of my head. There was alot of pressure, and my neck was stiff. It didn't matter what kind of pain reliever I took the headache never went away.
    I had to have some dental work done. I had a tooth pulled. Afterwards I had a bad sinus infection. Doc gave me antibiotics and cleared it right up. No more headaches.
    If you think it maybe sinus, the doctor can x-ray your sinuses. Might want to do this first before the MRI.
  • beetle25
    Options

Yes I had headaches
    It maybe tension. Where does it hurt and what kind of pain? Mine hurt all over mostly in the back of my head. There was alot of pressure, and my neck was stiff. It didn't matter what kind of pain reliever I took the headache never went away.
    I had to have some dental work done. I had a tooth pulled. Afterwards I had a bad sinus infection. Doc gave me antibiotics and cleared it right up. No more headaches.
    If you think it maybe sinus, the doctor can x-ray your sinuses. Might want to do this first before the MRI.

My headaches are actually
    My headaches are actually in the frontal area and the temporal area. Mainly the frontal. I know what you mean about nothing helping. Doesnt matter what I take I still have alot of pressure in my head. He may decide to do the x-ray but I also had blood tests done and my white counts are down. There can be various reasons for this I know and that does concern my doctor.

Thank you for your reply I will ask him about the x-ray
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    beetle25 said:

My headaches are actually
    My headaches are actually in the frontal area and the temporal area. Mainly the frontal. I know what you mean about nothing helping. Doesnt matter what I take I still have alot of pressure in my head. He may decide to do the x-ray but I also had blood tests done and my white counts are down. There can be various reasons for this I know and that does concern my doctor.

Thank you for your reply I will ask him about the x-ray

beetle25 .. Please try placing ice pack (small) wrapped
    in kitchen towel on the frontal portion of your head/face, and a second behind your neck .. lay still for 10 to 15 min. repeat 1 time every hour .. helps with mirgraines that I have suffered with 20 years .. as a teenager. I was told by a doctor a very long time ago, that I would out grow my mirgraines, and I feel for that. HAHA .. Whenever I am stress out, or slept in a bad position .. I use this. If you do not have ice packs, frozen peas and/or stringbeans work .. just remember to wrap them in a towel, don't want you getting freezer burn.

Vicki Sam
  • beetle25
    Options
    VickiSam said:

beetle25 .. Please try placing ice pack (small) wrapped
    in kitchen towel on the frontal portion of your head/face, and a second behind your neck .. lay still for 10 to 15 min. repeat 1 time every hour .. helps with mirgraines that I have suffered with 20 years .. as a teenager. I was told by a doctor a very long time ago, that I would out grow my mirgraines, and I feel for that. HAHA .. Whenever I am stress out, or slept in a bad position .. I use this. If you do not have ice packs, frozen peas and/or stringbeans work .. just remember to wrap them in a towel, don't want you getting freezer burn.

Vicki Sam

Thank you VickiSam I will
    Thank you VickiSam I will give that a try