Port placement tomorrow

Options
lesvanb
lesvanb Member Posts: 905
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Of course, I'm not happy to be getting a port again and struggling right now with:
"well it could be worse, IV Vitamin C isn't toxic, I'm a good candidate for it, I'm a healthy person with cancer etc" but just can't seem to rally the troops to be all smiles and happy.

I think I just get tired with the struggle even when things are going well. I think a lot is coming to terms with life... and death.. which I believe are two sides of the same coin.

I do notice that I feel the best when I am outside feeling the sun..or the rain..and watching the world and all the interesting things in it; not thinking and planning. The other evening I got to see 2 young great horned owls as they were calling and begging for food from mama. I'd been hearing that "rreeeking" all summer and then finally got to see what it was. Boy those young 'uns are big!

I think you might all catch my drift...and thanks in advance for any well wishes you send along for tomorrow!

Love to all,
Leslie

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    leslie
    Have an easy and smooth landing !
    Hugs !
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Leslie
    Good luck with the port placement. I honestly don't know how I would manage without mine. I think being outdoors can be very therapeutic; I have heard it can really help us heal. It sounds like you are in a beautiful part of the world.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Thinking and Planning
    Dearest Leslie

Port insertion is just a reminder that there are things to do. I'm on my 3rd now and it's just a part of doin' b'ness. Always like it when it's gone, but just never stays too long.

"Thinking and Planing" is what I'm doing alot of - trying to figure out how and when my treatment plans are - trying to schedule my return to work with the treatments - and etc.etc.

It does sap some of the fun out of things. The weather finally broke here in Texas. The 6-month heat wave is now behind us. It's about 70 down here with blue skies and a nice breeze. I got outside to soak it in and turned on some music and boogied down the road with the wind breezing through my hair, the music playing, and trying to not think about business as ususal - just enjoyed those moments running those errands.

We're both seeing it about right just about now.

Ride On!
    -Craig
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Port
    Wishing you an easy surgery with little or no discomfort. Good luck.

Kim
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Best luck with the port
    Best luck with the port placement.Hope it is just a small piece of cake.
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Leslie
    And keep on spending as much time outside as possible. I get alot of my mental and spiritual healing from the outdoors as well.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Port
    Leslie, here's hoping the port placement is a breeze for you.
    And yes, I find myself spending a lot of time outdoors, watching nature as it is in my back yard. Plum tree needs cut down, but I find myself refusing to cut it, because I love the birds that land upon it and sing me their songs, I'm redoing my flower bed to add more flowers for those sweet hummingbirds making their visits, and watching the lady bug crawl up my leg, tickling me along the way. Yes, indeed, spending time outside is the way to go!!!
    Winter Marie