Major Meltdown - Hormones Gone Wild

Options
slynch
slynch Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It seems the closer I get to the exchange date the harder these expanders are to bear. This morning I could hardly get out of bed. I just sat on the side and cried it was so sore and hurt so bad. Then the crying caused hot flashes and then my stomach got upset and to top it off I was feeling guilty for being such a wimp when there are so many people going through so much more than I am. My hormones must be really out of whack! Anyone else ever have these meltdowns?

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    No expanders here, meltdowns
    No expanders here, meltdowns absolutely. Hang in there. I had a meltdown in August but "This Too Shall Pass". Hugs
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Sorry girl!
    Sorry you day started off so crappy. Do you have a date yet for your exchange? Luckily my expanders are hard, but really don't hurt. Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean
  • slynch
    slynch Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Sorry girl!
    Sorry you day started off so crappy. Do you have a date yet for your exchange? Luckily my expanders are hard, but really don't hurt. Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean

Exchange
    My exchange date is October 13th. Even though I dread the surgery I think I will be so ready for it. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Giant Poodles
    Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
    Options
    slynch said:

Exchange
    My exchange date is October 13th. Even though I dread the surgery I think I will be so ready for it. Thanks for the encouragement.

exchange date the same
    My exchange date is the same as yours. We will have to compare stories. I pray your surgery will go great and you will have no problems. I will be glad to be rid of the rocks and yey to the new boobs.
    Rhonda
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    No expanders,
    but a Major Meltdown yesterday. One of those days when I didn't even want to be around myself. Better today.

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

No expanders,
    but a Major Meltdown yesterday. One of those days when I didn't even want to be around myself. Better today.

Sue

I had a meltdown in PT a
    I had a meltdown in PT a couple weeks ago because my sneakers hurt my feet,(have PN) and I was just fed up with it, didnt want to walk in them, and just was mad. (cried) then I got on with it. sometimes you just get sick of struggling, working. etc... normal I think as long as you dont stay in a funk!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    No reconstruction here
    but I do understand meltdowns! I was riding my recumbent bike for the first time in 5 days and watching last week's taped episode of the Biggest Loser. Wouldn't you know there was a woman who was a bc survivor but she didn't make the cut. I had to keep getting off my bike to blow my nose and wipe my eyes every time someone told their story. I guess the tears are finally starting to flow for me........
    Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Had expanders and
    Had expanders and MELTDOWNS...hormones still going crazy...just ask my other half he'll tell ya...hehe!
    Im really sorry you just had one of those days...they tend to make us wimps for the day dont they?? Just think in the next couple of minutes you'll probably be laughing about something silly...hormones...gotta love em'
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Had expanders and
    Had expanders and MELTDOWNS...hormones still going crazy...just ask my other half he'll tell ya...hehe!
    Im really sorry you just had one of those days...they tend to make us wimps for the day dont they?? Just think in the next couple of minutes you'll probably be laughing about something silly...hormones...gotta love em'

sometimes its good to have a
    sometimes its good to have a good cry. we hold things in too much I think!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep
    is what did me in. I would wake up every few hours and like you in the morning
    I felt like I was run over by a truck. From bouncing out of bed, I went to crawling
    slowly out of bed. I hurried up and got it over with. I got double fillings each time,
    so it was painful but at least it went by fast.

But just know, it will be over soon. Please be gentle to yourself, cry if you need to.
    And remember it is different for everyone, others may not have the pain you experienced.

Hugs
    Ayse
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Options
    I just had my expanders
    I just had my expanders taken out 2 weeks ago and oh what a relief it is..... mine were getting like yours worst as time went on. I had alot of meltdowns and my nurse said it was just alot of hormone changes going on in my body, since my exchange I have had 4 bad days but they are getting better, some of them was that I was shocked at how they looked,not sure what I thought they would be like but I am getting used to them now. Good luck to you and fight like a girl!