shaved it down! feels a lot better.

Options
carriesoup
carriesoup Member Posts: 144
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
if anyone wants to see. posted some pics of my next step :)

Comments

• Evoling_butterfly
    Options
    You do know
    that the BC bald head is the new sexy..So hold on to your hair if it makes you feel better but know you're always beautiful with/without it. Go Miss Soup :)
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Awwwh Carrie you sure do
    Awwwh Carrie you sure do rock the headbands...i like the two tone hair color...and you look beautiful!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Awwwh Carrie you sure do
    Awwwh Carrie you sure do rock the headbands...i like the two tone hair color...and you look beautiful!!!

you look great, I didnt
    you look great, I didnt shave it any further, some fell out when I washed it and some stayed, I liked it, was comforting.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Carrie, you look great!
    You're a very beautiful young lady and you make ultra short hair look amazing!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Carrie,
    Your picture is great. Your hair looks cute! I actually buzzed mine down like that, and didn't lose all of it. I went a little shorter than my profile picture. I kept the front longer too, and it actually spikes up on its own. I am finished my chemo & kept my buzz cut during the ordeal. Now just waiting for it to grow out.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Carrie,
    Your picture is great. Your hair looks cute! I actually buzzed mine down like that, and didn't lose all of it. I went a little shorter than my profile picture. I kept the front longer too, and it actually spikes up on its own. I am finished my chemo & kept my buzz cut during the ordeal. Now just waiting for it to grow out.

Carrie .. You are truly beautiful inside and OUT ...
    Just a few suggestions -- they helped me a great deal :D

satin pillow case - hair stubs will not catch when you move at night

sunscreen ... scalp and neck and ears .. daily (scalp - sunburned just from going outside for 10 minutes - I live in California)

I used shampoo and conditioner on my scalp when showering - I also used lotion to replishish, and hydrate my scalp.

Cooler nights - I slept with a wool beenie

Enjoy your new DO ..

Vicki Sam
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Carrie .. You are truly beautiful inside and OUT ...
    Just a few suggestions -- they helped me a great deal :D

satin pillow case - hair stubs will not catch when you move at night

sunscreen ... scalp and neck and ears .. daily (scalp - sunburned just from going outside for 10 minutes - I live in California)

I used shampoo and conditioner on my scalp when showering - I also used lotion to replishish, and hydrate my scalp.

Cooler nights - I slept with a wool beenie

Enjoy your new DO ..

Vicki Sam

vickisam
    thanks. already had a cold night last night. used a throw around my head in the middle of the night. i came home from work today, and my boyfriend had a really soft new owl (i love owls) blanket for my head. (so sweet) :)

i was wondering if i should still shampoo and condition my scalp. pennsylvannia winters are pretty brutal! i better get some good hydrating lotion!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

vickisam
    thanks. already had a cold night last night. used a throw around my head in the middle of the night. i came home from work today, and my boyfriend had a really soft new owl (i love owls) blanket for my head. (so sweet) :)

i was wondering if i should still shampoo and condition my scalp. pennsylvannia winters are pretty brutal! i better get some good hydrating lotion!

Carrie
    because I'm postmenopausal I'm always hot and everyone told me my head would get cold. So far I haven't had to cover it. Just wearing hats during the day when I go out is enough for me. I had my hairdresser buzz my head 15 days after 1st chemo because 75% of it had fallen out. Your pics look great and you go girl with the headbands! 2 weeks after chemo my face & head broke out like a 16 year old! My dermatologist told me to wash it with Head & Shoulders until it cleared up and now I just use baby shampoo. I keep seeing little pieces of hair on my face and some of the hair actually grew a 1/4" :-) For us sisters "bald is beautiful".
    {{hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Carrie
    because I'm postmenopausal I'm always hot and everyone told me my head would get cold. So far I haven't had to cover it. Just wearing hats during the day when I go out is enough for me. I had my hairdresser buzz my head 15 days after 1st chemo because 75% of it had fallen out. Your pics look great and you go girl with the headbands! 2 weeks after chemo my face & head broke out like a 16 year old! My dermatologist told me to wash it with Head & Shoulders until it cleared up and now I just use baby shampoo. I keep seeing little pieces of hair on my face and some of the hair actually grew a 1/4" :-) For us sisters "bald is beautiful".
    {{hugs}} Char

Yikes .. I forgot about my acme .. What a nightmare ...
    Baby shampoo is a great source .. I also used Joico products, purchased from a beauty supply. I stayed away from the less expensive brands.

And yes, Char, Bald is Beautiful and Sassy!

Good luck to all my Beautiful and Sassy .. bald sisters, our hair does grow back - but damn it takes a while! So happy Hats, Scarfs and head bans .. You ROCK, chemo Queens!

Strength and Courage for all :D

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Awwwh Carrie you sure do

You look beautiful
    You look beautiful Carrie!!!!

Sue :)