blood drainage

survivor31
survivor31 Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Hi all I hope all is well im so sorry i know this well be gross so for give me twice this week im not sure if it coming from my throat or my nasol but its been real thick mucus along with blood and the the blood is getting darker help!!!! but it only happend twice

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Have it Checked Out
    More than likely it's just residual from your treatments. But I'd still have it checked out. At this point and time, I don't think you can be too careful or concerned.

I know that I'd much rather be sure it's nothing, than to spend a lot of time and energy worrying about it.

Best,
    John
  • survivor31
    survivor31 Member Posts: 72
    Skiffin16 said:

Have it Checked Out
    More than likely it's just residual from your treatments. But I'd still have it checked out. At this point and time, I don't think you can be too careful or concerned.

I know that I'd much rather be sure it's nothing, than to spend a lot of time and energy worrying about it.

Best,
    John

thanks john I will do just
    thanks john I will do just that God bless
  • timreichhart
    timreichhart Member Posts: 194

thanks john I will do just
    thanks john I will do just that God bless

about the blood?
    is the blood coming in with your mucus when you spit/coughed it up? if it is normal from my doctor said because I had the same problem with I spit up or coughed up mucus.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Survivor

You are a NPC survivor like me I am 5 years passed treatment and still today get blood when I spit or in the mucus sometimes. This is normal for NPC because of all the scar tissue in your nasal passage that got cooked with radiation. What happens the tissue in the nasal will get dry and crack and start bleeding it is called scabbing, if you like to be on the safe side go and see your ENT about it. Also you need to be using some type of Sinus Rinse at lease 3 to 4 times a day to keep the scabbing down your ENT should have told you about this.

Take care
    Hondo