shortness of breath

Options
team stevens
team stevens Member Posts: 46
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
good morning everyone. i need help, mike got his trech out a week ago & since then he's having some breathing problems. to me it kinda sounds like sleep apnea the way his breathing starts & stops. i took him to the E.R.thursday morning & after 5 hours all they did was give him an iv of fluids & something for his headache. when i asked them to give him some oxygen & test for either asthma or sleep apnea, they gave me an attitude and told me they would make the diagnosis. when i said he'd had a complete glossectomy in april & still has the peg in but trech was out..they said "sounds too complicated, we can't handle all of that here, we're want to transport him to charleston, they're better equipped." he won't go to charleston because he thinks they'll put the trech back in. he had it for almost 9 months. I don't know what to do..

Comments

• dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    THIS HAPPENED TO ME
    SORRY TO CHIME IN BUT THIS HAPPENED TO ME...SHORTNESS OF BREATH AND COULD BARELY WALK, I MADE IT TO THE DOCTORS OFFICE, THEY SHIPPED ME BY ABULANCE TO THE CANCER DOCTOR, AND REINSTALLED THE TRACHE, MINE WAS A INFECTION DUE TO OVER RADIATION AND THE AIRWAVE WENT DOWN????I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, I HATED THAT THING, AND THAT TRACHE IS THERE TO SAVE LIVES, I KNOW THIS, I STILL VENT ANGER DO TO CANCER, YOU WILL GET RID OF THIS, I HAD MY REMOVED 4 WEEKS AGO, FOR THE SECOND TIME, THE DOCTOR AND I WORKED TOGETHER ON ME TAKING ANTIOBIOTICS FOR 4 WEEKS AND OFF FOR 2 BEFORE TRYING IT AGIN, I HAVE ONE LITTLE PIN HOLE I AM CONCERNED ABOUT, IT HEALED BUT THERE IS AN AREA THAT WON'T HEAL, VERY TINY. PINHOLE??? THEY MAY HAVE TO PUT YOU TRACHE BACK IN, SO SORRY TO SAY, BUT WORK WITH YOUR DOCTOR A GAME PLAN. IF I HADN'T MADE IT TO THE DOCOTRS OFFICE THAT DAY, HE SAID I WOULD HAVE SUFFOCATED TO DEATH, I TURNED BLUE AND GRAY . I IVE WITHOUT THE TRACH TODAY, BUT SUFFER FROM SHORTNESS OF BREATH STILL, WITH OR WITHOUT TRACHE..TELLING MY MIND TO SLOW DOWN IS THE PROBLEM, I CRY ALOT, BUT WAKE UP THE SAME, SO THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO OVER COME AND LIVE TEH BEST YOU CAN....TAKE CARE DENIS