I need you guys today.

Options
2»

Comments

• HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Oh Melissa...
    I am so sorry to hear this. You have every reason to be angry, mad, hurt, and whatever other emotion you're feeling. It's one thing to make the choice, but to have the choice made for you is worse. Again, I'm so sorry.

Love and Hugs,

Holly
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry
    First of all, happy anniversary. I'm very sorry about all that has happened to you. I agree that there are so many children out there, and you could still have a wonderful family via adoption.

I know, though, how you must long to have natural chldren. I was told that I should not have children because of having only one kidney. We looked into adoption and would have gone that route, but then I saw another doctor who felt it would be safe enough for me. So we ended up having 2 children. I tell you this just to say that I understand the emotions you might be feeling right now.

I'll be praying for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Melissa
    First off, happy anniversary!!!
    Next, it took me a while to respond, because what good are my words, to the hurt in your soul? I know the feeling of seeing others around you pregnant, and the pain in your heart that is causes. My first born lays in a grave in Shreveport, Louisiana. I never got to hold him in my arms. When I saw women holding their babies, it tore my heart almost apart, to know I would never hold him in my arms, never hear his cries in the night, never kiss the boo boo on his knee. So I can say I can understand your pain just a little. (next Sunday he would have been 31 years old) I was lucky and contrary to the genealogist's advice, I had two more children, who turned out perfectly. I am indeed a lucky woman.
    I'm hoping for you, that somewhere, you will find a relative or friend who might carry your embryos and perhaps give you a child.
    I just hope that you don't listen to the "what if" advise from the social worker, there is no good in saying "What if", it cures nothing, nine times out of ten makes you feel bad, so please ignore the "what if's" in your life, better to have "what can" What can I do...., etc.
    My heart aches for you, my soul prays for you, and I am gladden that you have a husband to stand by your side, and family to lean on when the tears fall.
    My best wishes for you.
    Winter Marie
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    I am sorry too
    I hate that you are faced with such pain and termoil, but I really like what Buzz said, there really are so many children that need good moms out there, and if your not able to have one yourself, it doesnt mean you cant be a mom. I will keep you in my prayers..

HUGS
    Beth
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    oh hun im so sorry to hear
    oh hun im so sorry to hear but i wish you all the best and i hope that one day you will have a baby
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Melissa,
    as everyone has

Melissa,
    as everyone has replied - "your feelings are always welcome here, no matter what"

Reason #6,309,999 Why Cancer Sucks: Because it takes away choices.

It's one thing to make a conscious decision to act/not act decide on something and the consequence is usually understood. But with our disease, things we always thought would be an option for us down the road, something we could decide on when we wanted to, is no longer there. Thus, a loss.

So darling Melissa, stew on it, think about it, cry and vent here, then, as we all do, put it in it's proper place and soldier on.

((hugs))

Peggy
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Melissa
    First off, happy anniversary!!!
    Next, it took me a while to respond, because what good are my words, to the hurt in your soul? I know the feeling of seeing others around you pregnant, and the pain in your heart that is causes. My first born lays in a grave in Shreveport, Louisiana. I never got to hold him in my arms. When I saw women holding their babies, it tore my heart almost apart, to know I would never hold him in my arms, never hear his cries in the night, never kiss the boo boo on his knee. So I can say I can understand your pain just a little. (next Sunday he would have been 31 years old) I was lucky and contrary to the genealogist's advice, I had two more children, who turned out perfectly. I am indeed a lucky woman.
    I'm hoping for you, that somewhere, you will find a relative or friend who might carry your embryos and perhaps give you a child.
    I just hope that you don't listen to the "what if" advise from the social worker, there is no good in saying "What if", it cures nothing, nine times out of ten makes you feel bad, so please ignore the "what if's" in your life, better to have "what can" What can I do...., etc.
    My heart aches for you, my soul prays for you, and I am gladden that you have a husband to stand by your side, and family to lean on when the tears fall.
    My best wishes for you.
    Winter Marie

Dear Melissa
    My heart breaks for you as it does for my patients. I work in an infertility doctors office treating patients with frozen embryos,gestational carriers,donors etc. It just feels so unfair when there are men and women who want nothing more than to have a family and situations, medical issues and finances stand in the way.

I can only offer you compassion for your situation as decisions will be hard.Please know that I truely understand your heart ache as best as I can without being you.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Smiles,
    Dawn