Maitake Mushroom d fraction

Options
standbyme
standbyme Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I noticed that this was mentioned under the tagamet thread so thought I'd open a new thread with our experiences with maitake mushroom d fraction. It was recommended to my husband by a naturopath when he started chemo two years ago. He has so far had 47 rounds of folfiri and avastin. He has minimal side effects, mostly just tired and has never had any problems with his bloods. The cancer mets to his lungs have remained stable. Does the maitake help? I don't know but he will continue to take it.

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    maitake
    I've heard wonderful things about maitake and cancer, and have been casually trying to find it around here. I've heard Reiki mushrooms help too. Not sure how they work, but some say that cancer is a fungus, and the best way to treat a fungus is with a fungus?

I hope they help your husband.

Hugs!
    Krista
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options

maitake
    I've heard wonderful things about maitake and cancer, and have been casually trying to find it around here. I've heard Reiki mushrooms help too. Not sure how they work, but some say that cancer is a fungus, and the best way to treat a fungus is with a fungus?

I hope they help your husband.

Hugs!
    Krista

Cordyceps, Reishi and Shitake
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/29068.php

I take the above in supplement form and occasionally fresh or dried in food. The attached web site is a good article on the use and benefits of these an other Mushrooms. I live in China and when my Chinese friends heard I had Cancer, they all sent boxes of various types of mushrooms (Capsules, powdered, liquid and dried. They've been using then for thousands of years and now we westerners are just now starting pay attention.

I say go for it full steam ahead. I can't say these are the only things helping me but whatever I am doing seems to be working wonders. The Mushrooms are just another bunch of pellets to put in your shot gun to fight off cancer, not a stand alone item. Load 'em up.

Regds to all.
    Scambuster