proteinuria , any of you had problems with it ..........

Options
pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
while folfiri + avastin?.Which are the symptoms?
thnks in advance.

Comments

• vhtqm1
    vhtqm1 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    protein in urine?
    if your getting protein in your urine something is causing a decline in kidney function. is your urine foamy? any edema? blood pressure high?

i am famaliar with kidney failure but not due to chemotherapy in any way. i would see a nephrologist as soon as possible!

ed
  • pepebcn
    Options
    vhtqm1 said:

protein in urine?
    if your getting protein in your urine something is causing a decline in kidney function. is your urine foamy? any edema? blood pressure high?

i am famaliar with kidney failure but not due to chemotherapy in any way. i would see a nephrologist as soon as possible!

ed

Ed don't warry it seems quite common with avastin , l have not
    any of the symptoms above but fingers and toes bit inflamated and painful , probably just foot and hands syndrome (hope),
    lm just worried because proteínuria is the main cause to have to stop avastin!
    thks for your soon response!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Ed don't warry it seems quite common with avastin , l have not
    any of the symptoms above but fingers and toes bit inflamated and painful , probably just foot and hands syndrome (hope),
    lm just worried because proteínuria is the main cause to have to stop avastin!
    thks for your soon response!

Sorry Pepe
    Can't help you with this one. But wanted to say hi and hope someone else has some information for you.
  • sonja123
    sonja123 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    nose bleeds
    I had to stop avastin because it gave me horrible nose bleeds. I couldnt bend down to tie my shoes with out getting one. I didnt have problems with protein but the nose bleeds were enough.. From what I was told by my doc is that its a great addition to your chemo and the benifit usually outweigh the side effects.
    Best wishes
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    sonja123 said:

nose bleeds
    I had to stop avastin because it gave me horrible nose bleeds. I couldnt bend down to tie my shoes with out getting one. I didnt have problems with protein but the nose bleeds were enough.. From what I was told by my doc is that its a great addition to your chemo and the benifit usually outweigh the side effects.
    Best wishes

Sounds like possible
    Sounds like possible neuropathy in the feet and hands.
  • pepebcn
    Options
    Nana b said:

Sounds like possible
    Sounds like possible neuropathy in the feet and hands.

yes but doctors say no neuropathy
    with folfiri or avastin!
    Well is not worrying for the moment!
    The only lm concern about is about any inflammation caused by kidney which seem to be the major problem on my combo
    together wit blood pressure, which I'm perfect.
    Hugs.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

yes but doctors say no neuropathy
    with folfiri or avastin!
    Well is not worrying for the moment!
    The only lm concern about is about any inflammation caused by kidney which seem to be the major problem on my combo
    together wit blood pressure, which I'm perfect.
    Hugs.

Don't they test you for it?
    Hi Pepe,

When they do your bloodwork, do they test kidney functions including urea in the blood? If you are worried at all, talk to your onc.
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi pepe
    I lose up to 3 grams of protein a day thru my kidneys, 150 mg is the normal level. They are not sure whether it was the original chemo of 5fu and levamisole that scarred my kidney filters or the 11 or so colonoscopies with fleet prep that did it. I had no neuropathy with the original chemo but now I cannot feel either leg from the knees down and both hands. My balance has also suffered. I make an excellent drunk without touching a drop of alcohol. I recently went fishing for a week and fell over several times in the boat and nearly out of it a couple of times. I guess I always knew there would be some price for beating cancer.Ron.
  • pepebcn
    Options
    ron50 said:

Hi pepe
    I lose up to 3 grams of protein a day thru my kidneys, 150 mg is the normal level. They are not sure whether it was the original chemo of 5fu and levamisole that scarred my kidney filters or the 11 or so colonoscopies with fleet prep that did it. I had no neuropathy with the original chemo but now I cannot feel either leg from the knees down and both hands. My balance has also suffered. I make an excellent drunk without touching a drop of alcohol. I recently went fishing for a week and fell over several times in the boat and nearly out of it a couple of times. I guess I always knew there would be some price for beating cancer.Ron.

thankyou all
    Monday l have to do my blood work and urine ,we will see there!