Options
2»

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Heather, my heart goes out
    Heather, my heart goes out to you too. As if it wasnt enough what you are going thru, now your mom. I feel so selfish, at least Im finally doing better that I can deal with my mom. Im sorry! Sending you hugs and prayers to make you strong.

Lupe

thank you Lupe :) i'm
    thank you Lupe :) i'm almost done, moms having her 1st chemo thursday, and i'll be sitting in the chair next to her getting my next-to-last one. She has to have rads too, but by the time she's done with chemo & ready for rads, I'll (hopefully) be starting to get back to normal after chemo so i can help her more & help my dad out by taking her to some of her radiation treatments.
    *hugs*
    heather
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options

Thanks for chiming in
    Thanks for chiming in Annette & nice to meet you :) And I am feeling better! I'm taking painkillers and using ice packs but the pain in my arms are gone, and my chest, just my back still hurts but I've gotten back shoulder pain as a side effect since my 1st chemo. Good luck with your chemos, I'm close to the end, 2 left! Mom & I are having ours together (her first one) this coming thursday - now THERE'S a picture for the scrapbook....my husband and I had a nice date tonight -i got all done up, wore my new skinny jeans, a big sexy off shoulder sweater, some high heel boots, and my platinum blonde bob wig (im naturally dark brunette, so this is a change!), and lOTS of eyeliner & lipgloss! We had such a great time, nice dinner, then picked our girls up at a birthday party & watched my oldest sing her little heart out at karaoke there.
    Thank you for your kind words & advice, and again it's nice to meet you too!
    *hugs*
    heather

WONDERFUL!
    THAT IS JUST WHAT YOUR MAN NEEDED! YOU MUST HAVE LOOKED FANTASTIC! GOOD LUCK TO YOUR MOM THURS. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES OK. KEEP US POSTED. YEAH, GOOD IDEA BRING THE CAMERA.
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    Options

Thanks for chiming in
    Thanks for chiming in Annette & nice to meet you :) And I am feeling better! I'm taking painkillers and using ice packs but the pain in my arms are gone, and my chest, just my back still hurts but I've gotten back shoulder pain as a side effect since my 1st chemo. Good luck with your chemos, I'm close to the end, 2 left! Mom & I are having ours together (her first one) this coming thursday - now THERE'S a picture for the scrapbook....my husband and I had a nice date tonight -i got all done up, wore my new skinny jeans, a big sexy off shoulder sweater, some high heel boots, and my platinum blonde bob wig (im naturally dark brunette, so this is a change!), and lOTS of eyeliner & lipgloss! We had such a great time, nice dinner, then picked our girls up at a birthday party & watched my oldest sing her little heart out at karaoke there.
    Thank you for your kind words & advice, and again it's nice to meet you too!
    *hugs*
    heather

just what the dr ordered :)
    sounds like you 2 had a great night! awesome. sometimes you need to get out and leave the cancer behind. it's fun to play dress up too! i'm going to a wedding reception tonight. feeling well enough after my treatment yesterday! so glad. can't wait to get dressed up and feel pretty :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

So sorry and glad
    So sorry to hear about your pain. I had a lumpectomy so can't relate except maybe by feeling that boobs are overrated and it sucks when you're betrayed by them. Hopefully you'll be feeling better really soon.
    I'm glad to her your mom is getting good reports. It was so sweet of you to think of the cards for her, and if a positive attitude and loving family counts, she'll sail through treatments with no problem.
    Take care and keep us posted.

marge

I have read so much about
    I have read so much about the pain with expanders and I am sorry that you are going through this too Heather. I had a lumpectomy, so, I can't understand what it must feel like.

Wishing you good luck though!

Hugs, Debby