Got My CEA.... Hummmmm...

Options
idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I definately do not apply to the rule that dying cancer cells raise CEA. Proven AGAIN not to be my case. You were right Lisa. My CEA was 9.6 at Cyberknife time and now down to 6.7. Still not in that safety zone but I like the going down stuff. My Onc was correct... at least in my situation and that is what counts. Now looking forward to upcoming scans. I have been doing much reading on diet change and herbs...BOY...do I have a LOT of questions...will be posting those in the near future. Miso? ... Essiac?...Reishi??... Mistletoe??????? wow... I have a lot to learn!!!!

Jennie

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    :)
    Teach me!
    -Craig
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Jennie:
    If you are serious about this stuff, seek the services of a Naturalpath. Go to "lmliess" post of 3/9/10 (pg. 42) and look at her post "Here is my list". She lists all the supplements, etc. that she is/was taking and explains the purpose of what she is taking. Her doctors knew she was doing this. It can't hurt. I haven't seen her post in a while so don't know her status. Nana and Emily would also be good resources.

Make sure you have your docs approval or at least let them know what you are doing and what you are taking.

John talks about Chinese Medicine, have you thought about looking into that?

Take care - Tina
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options
    geotina said:

Jennie:
    If you are serious about this stuff, seek the services of a Naturalpath. Go to "lmliess" post of 3/9/10 (pg. 42) and look at her post "Here is my list". She lists all the supplements, etc. that she is/was taking and explains the purpose of what she is taking. Her doctors knew she was doing this. It can't hurt. I haven't seen her post in a while so don't know her status. Nana and Emily would also be good resources.

Make sure you have your docs approval or at least let them know what you are doing and what you are taking.

John talks about Chinese Medicine, have you thought about looking into that?

Take care - Tina

Hello!
    Hello – I am here! I check in everyday but I just haven’t posted in awhile.

Yup – I have a Naturopath I work with and my ONC knows everything I take. I just recently added Modified Citrus Pectin and Tagament.

Here is my status:

In May my 3 month scan showed activity in the pueral area of the lungs. My CEA went to 29.8. So I have taken 8 rounds of Folfori plus Avastin.
    I just had a CT scan Sept 10 and NO SIGNS OF METS!!! My CEA is at 5.6. My ONC wants it below 4.7 so I will have to do a few more rounds of chemo. Yuck….but I am getting there!

On off chemo weeks my blood work has all been in the high normal and I haven’t been told to avoid people because my counts are low.

For the most part I feel good. Except for the night of chemo and about 3 days after I am tired and nauseas. But then I start feeling good again.

I am supposed to be juicing too….this ‘green lemonade’ recipe. BUT, my stomach with the nauseas can only handle so much! That I WILL do after my chemo is done.

Anyway…everyone has to do what they feel is right and I personally feel my body NEEDS the extra umph of the supplements…chemo is mean stuff!

Linda
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!

Yup – I have a Naturopath I work with and my ONC knows everything I take. I just recently added Modified Citrus Pectin and Tagament.

Here is my status:

In May my 3 month scan showed activity in the pueral area of the lungs. My CEA went to 29.8. So I have taken 8 rounds of Folfori plus Avastin.
    I just had a CT scan Sept 10 and NO SIGNS OF METS!!! My CEA is at 5.6. My ONC wants it below 4.7 so I will have to do a few more rounds of chemo. Yuck….but I am getting there!

On off chemo weeks my blood work has all been in the high normal and I haven’t been told to avoid people because my counts are low.

For the most part I feel good. Except for the night of chemo and about 3 days after I am tired and nauseas. But then I start feeling good again.

I am supposed to be juicing too….this ‘green lemonade’ recipe. BUT, my stomach with the nauseas can only handle so much! That I WILL do after my chemo is done.

Anyway…everyone has to do what they feel is right and I personally feel my body NEEDS the extra umph of the supplements…chemo is mean stuff!

Linda

Oh and my hair has really thinned...
    But those clip in hairpieces work wonders!!!
  • tgarris3
    tgarris3 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    lmliess said:

Oh and my hair has really thinned...
    But those clip in hairpieces work wonders!!!

lmliess
    I would like to find that post but couldnt.. Any help?
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!

Here is my status:

Linda

Linda
    I am glad to hear your CEA has come down, good for you!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Jennie
    It sounds like good news that your CEA is down, congrats!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!

Here is my status:

Linda

Linda:
    So happy to see you posting and that in the big picture, things are going well. Congrats.

Take care - Tina
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    CEA DOwn
    that is great news...cant wait to see you next month..

HUGS
    Beth
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    I have done a lot of reading
    I have done a lot of reading and don't remember the first three you mentioned. Always more to learn. I'm glad the count is going down!
    Erin
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    hey
    Hey Jennie,

I'm glad to hear your CEA is coming down! Always a good feeling!

You take care!!!

Lisa