1235»

Comments

• zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Cool talents everyone!
    Stacey and John - love the artwork!!!

Denis and Mick and the other muscians - I'm always impressed with muscians. I've tried a few instruments in the past, but figured that was something you were a natural at or not. I'm the "not", but I love listening to about everything - jazz, blues, rock, bluegrass.

Scam, cool pic's from your flying contraption.

To everyone else - cool to see where everyone's interests lie and there appears to be an abundance of talent here!

Not much talent here, unless getting the meanest dog you know to roll over so you can scratch it's belly in 5 minutes is a talent (and catching big fish too).

Positive thoughts to all!

Greg

Talent
    Greg,I would say getting the dog to do that is talent. We can not get our daogs to come! We beg and nothing works! He is a mean little guy. So You bet you got talent! Fishing oh yes that is a great talent too, We use to try to take our two children (years ago) they only caught their dad, in hook in his belly and one in his leg! He said enought all that were biting were the bugs!

Genealogy looking for the nuts in my tree! (Cherry -Morris )

Jennie
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options

Yes please Denis. Would love to hear it.

Best,

Mick

would LOVE to hear some, Denis
    Have you posted any links in Expressions? Or could you? With my limited search skills, am wondering if you were in on "Love Potion No. 9"
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    Pam M said:

would LOVE to hear some, Denis
    Have you posted any links in Expressions? Or could you? With my limited search skills, am wondering if you were in on "Love Potion No. 9"

Hobby
    Hi Pam, Yes I was on Love Potion Number 9. How did you come up with that, I never mentioned a band name, did I? will post a link tomorrow. Denis
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    zinniemay said:

Talent
    Greg,I would say getting the dog to do that is talent. We can not get our daogs to come! We beg and nothing works! He is a mean little guy. So You bet you got talent! Fishing oh yes that is a great talent too, We use to try to take our two children (years ago) they only caught their dad, in hook in his belly and one in his leg! He said enought all that were biting were the bugs!

Genealogy looking for the nuts in my tree! (Cherry -Morris )

Jennie

Talented

It is remarkable to see all the talent that you all have, I am beside my self to listen and read some of what others have done in the passed and what others are still doing today.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    denistd said:

Hobby
    Hi Pam, Yes I was on Love Potion Number 9. How did you come up with that, I never mentioned a band name, did I? will post a link tomorrow. Denis

Thanks
    You never did mention a band name, but the magic Google tells all. Would love a link - didn't have much luck trying to get audio.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    denistd said:

Hobby

Love potion no 9
    Love that song!
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options

Kids, Guitar, Biking and flying machines
    My first priority is spending time with our 2 little ones aged 1 and 3. Next is playing tunes in the beautiful Acoustic guitar (thanks Micktissue). Used to play a lot and messed in a couple of bands in a previous life, so it's nice to be back playing.

For fun & health I now ride most weekends with a group called the Chubby Riders. the rule is we 'weigh in' every week and pay a fine if no weight has been lost...except me. I have to increase my weight or pay a fine. Almost back to 80kgs.

My other hobby, now in remission, is flying. I flew WS Microlights for 4 years back home and loved it. had to stop when we moved back to China. Microlights are like motorbikes in the sky ! Before any thoughts of 'that's so dangerous', mine had the super reliable 912 Rotax Engine, quality Australian built and certified to CAA standards, in a 1:1 comparison, technically stronger than a 747, and I had a ballistic chute fitted, made by the same Co. that makes them for the Space Shuttle, which deploys in a few hundreds of a second and brings you and the aircraft down reasonably gently in case of catasptophic failure or mid air collision, both highly unlikely but a nice little bit of insurance.

I will post a few pics of the flying around my home town in my personal page as our little town is quite special. We have loads of dolphins, whales, sharks, long white beaches, lakes, rivers and beautiful blue water. I took many people up for a fantasic 30 minutes, mainly pensioners, as our town is predominanlty retirees. I got a huge kick taking them up for the 'buzz' of their life. As I couldn't legally charge them, I would settle for a coffee or an occassional bottle of wine, but the look on their faces was alway worth a million bucks.

Imagine flying along a beautiful beach, 10 feet off the white sand at 60knots with the warm wind in your face, dolphins leaping out of the water 50 yards away, not a worry in the world. What a beautiful planet we have.

Scam

PS Denis, would love to get to hear your music. I was born in 82 but i think I got hooked while in the womb. Maybe if you have it digitalized we can hook it up through a Drop Bax or similar. Mick would also love to hear your band.

Whoops, meant '62 ...a very good year.
    Hit the wrong key, I was born in 1962. As a small kid I hung out with the 'long haired hippies' at the beach, got high on resin fumes while watching them make surfboards and our singalongs at school were usually Peter Paul & Mary, the Seekers, Bob Dylan (some old guy with a song about blowing something in the wind), as our teach played the guitar and he had long hair too. I loved the US TV show called 'The Wonder Years' as it reflected many things in my childhood.
  • Hondo
    Options

Whoops, meant '62 ...a very good year.
    Hit the wrong key, I was born in 1962. As a small kid I hung out with the 'long haired hippies' at the beach, got high on resin fumes while watching them make surfboards and our singalongs at school were usually Peter Paul & Mary, the Seekers, Bob Dylan (some old guy with a song about blowing something in the wind), as our teach played the guitar and he had long hair too. I loved the US TV show called 'The Wonder Years' as it reflected many things in my childhood.

Good old days
    Love Potion #9, Peter, Paul, & Mary “Puff the magic Dragon” now that brings back some good old memories of a time that will never happen again
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Hondo said:

Good old days
    Love Potion #9, Peter, Paul, & Mary “Puff the magic Dragon” now that brings back some good old memories of a time that will never happen again

Nostalgia
    Puff the Magic Dragon was always one of my favorites!! Hadn't thought about it in ages but will now be singing it for several days ;-) Thanks for bringing back such fond memories.
  • denistd
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Denis

I love to hear some of your stuff do you have anything on youtube

music
    If I knew how to put a link off of youtube there are several songs there from the band, Scam, Tony Jackson was with the Searchers through needles and pins, he left and started his own band the Vibrations, he initially played bass with the band for about nine months and then decided to just sing so I joined as bass player, prior to that I was with Steve Marriott. If someone knows how I can put the link up please let me know. Denis
  • Hondo
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Nostalgia
    Puff the Magic Dragon was always one of my favorites!! Hadn't thought about it in ages but will now be singing it for several days ;-) Thanks for bringing back such fond memories.

Glenna

I know what you mean; I can’t get it out of my head now
  • denistd
    Options
    Hondo said:

Talented

It is remarkable to see all the talent that you all have, I am beside my self to listen and read some of what others have done in the passed and what others are still doing today.

1965 with Tony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mvr-Uvc3HI&feature=related
  • denistd
    Options
    denistd said:
    oh oh
    I tried pasting the link from you tube, did not work, ??????????????????????