Day #2 - Cisplatin & Rads

Options
GraceLibby
GraceLibby Member Posts: 88
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Boy was yesterday a long day! Had my first rad session yesterday at 10A and then infusion at 2:30. When we finally got sprung at 9:30P, the hospital was totally deserted. Feeling very tired today and am keeping ahead of nausea with the cocktail of drugs they sent home with me. Hopefully it will work to keep my stomach contents where they belong and I can eat dinner with the family.

You all have a good night!

Comments

• rush1958
    rush1958 Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Get some rest and know that good wishes are being sent your way. The treatment is tough, but the results are worth it.

Rush
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Libby

Before long you will be a pro at it, just another thing in life to do. Like Rush said get some rest tomorrow is just ahead.

Take care
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Stay Strong
    Hopefully you will sail through your treatment with few problems. Try to stay active even though you may be tired, they say it helps to fight against fatigue. Cheers

Jimbo
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Do Well
    Man - I recall being beat, but unable to rest at times. Hope you can sleep when you need to. Are you taking Emend and steroids? I think I have that combo to thank for my ability to EAT on chemo days, and the day after. Hope the nausea meds are working for you. Do well.
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Pam M said:

Do Well
    Man - I recall being beat, but unable to rest at times. Hope you can sleep when you need to. Are you taking Emend and steroids? I think I have that combo to thank for my ability to EAT on chemo days, and the day after. Hope the nausea meds are working for you. Do well.

Hang in there
    Before you know it will treatments will be over and you'll be on the road to recovery. Remember hydration too. Drink, Drink, Drink!

Positive thoughts coming your way!

Greg
  • GraceLibby
    Options
    Thanks for the Encouragement!
    Yes, I just finished up my three day course of Emend and the steroid, along with some break through anti-nausea meds as well. Talk about lifesavers! I'm just now starting to experience the delightful mucous.

Baking Soda and
    Salt Water are friends today.
    Keeps these pipes so clean!

Tomorrow I'll start taking a 20-30 minute walk just to keep the fatigue at bay.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Thanks for the Encouragement!
    Yes, I just finished up my three day course of Emend and the steroid, along with some break through anti-nausea meds as well. Talk about lifesavers! I'm just now starting to experience the delightful mucous.

Baking Soda and
    Salt Water are friends today.
    Keeps these pipes so clean!

Tomorrow I'll start taking a 20-30 minute walk just to keep the fatigue at bay.

Walking
    Walking is some of the best things you can do to keep the old body in shape
  • KristynRuth86
    KristynRuth86 Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Hondo said:

Walking
    Walking is some of the best things you can do to keep the old body in shape

Right here with ya!
    I'm only about 2 weeks ahead of your treatments so I'm right here with ya! I hope everythign goes super smoothly for you dear! Take care!
  • GraceLibby
    Options

Right here with ya!
    I'm only about 2 weeks ahead of your treatments so I'm right here with ya! I hope everythign goes super smoothly for you dear! Take care!

Glad to see you post
    I was getting a bit worried about ya. Hang in there, Super Mom!