expectations stage 4

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
edited March 2014 in Skin Cancer #1
Hi,
My mom in law is at stage 4. She has started dacarbazine at moffit, every 3 weeks. Anyone have any experience and or advice for her/us as to what she can expect. She is 84 and lives in north fl. Thanks...

Comments

• LynnLuc
    LynnLuc Member Posts: 22
    dacarbazine (DTIC)
    I was on Temodar (Temozolomide) which is basically the newer form of dacarbzine from July 09-March 2010. It stopped working...but it kept my melanoma from spreading...I had to take two types of anti nausea meds beginning the day before I began taking it. I was tired a lot and as long as I took the "anti puke"meds I was fine. No real drop in blood counts...
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    LynnLuc said:

dacarbazine (DTIC)
    I was on Temodar (Temozolomide) which is basically the newer form of dacarbzine from July 09-March 2010. It stopped working...but it kept my melanoma from spreading...I had to take two types of anti nausea meds beginning the day before I began taking it. I was tired a lot and as long as I took the "anti puke"meds I was fine. No real drop in blood counts...

New trials
    Hi LynnLuc,

We are heading to Tampa on Sat to be with mom in law. We are going to Moffit and after her chemo on tues we hope to find out if she can get in the trial. I read your wonderful website and was amazed. Your strength gives me strength, which I will share with mom in law. I too am fighting battles with cancer. Not melanoma, I have thyroid recurrance third time and lymphoma. But right now, mom is our focus. You are in my prayers...
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha