Now I know life isn't fair..... but this really isn't FAIR!

Options
2»

Comments

• WhatsA_Mom2Do
    WhatsA_Mom2Do Member Posts: 46
    Options
    okthen said:

Thank you Dee, that is great
    Thank you Dee, that is great to know!
    Bless your heart for working in Oncology, I too am a nurse (havn't worked full time in 10 years) but most of my background was in OB/GYN. I thought I knew too much to stay calm sometimes, I can only imagine what you struggle with. Sending you and your son hopes and prayers!

New info on funding resources
    Thanks so much Chriss. Yes, our nursing background is a blessing and a curse. I often think of all the parents I've seen go through having a child with cancer. Looking back, they all seemed so strong and composed as I took care of their kids, gave them chemo and performed procedures. I feel so weak and overwhelmed. But I remain strong for my son.

Anywho....I wanted to let you know that our Oncology Social Worker just shared that the Patient Advocate Foundation has funds available to help with copays and insurance issues too. You can google them and contact someone. Also, does the facility where your husband will treat have an Oncology Social Worker? They whould be able to offer resources available for financial help and complete the paperwork for you. I know ours does. On the other hand, where my son treats, the Social Worker is not specific to the oncology population, so she's normally pretty clueless when I ask her about different resources. If one's available to you and your husband, by all means tap into her wealth of knowledge.

Best,

Dee
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

New info on funding resources
    Thanks so much Chriss. Yes, our nursing background is a blessing and a curse. I often think of all the parents I've seen go through having a child with cancer. Looking back, they all seemed so strong and composed as I took care of their kids, gave them chemo and performed procedures. I feel so weak and overwhelmed. But I remain strong for my son.

Anywho....I wanted to let you know that our Oncology Social Worker just shared that the Patient Advocate Foundation has funds available to help with copays and insurance issues too. You can google them and contact someone. Also, does the facility where your husband will treat have an Oncology Social Worker? They whould be able to offer resources available for financial help and complete the paperwork for you. I know ours does. On the other hand, where my son treats, the Social Worker is not specific to the oncology population, so she's normally pretty clueless when I ask her about different resources. If one's available to you and your husband, by all means tap into her wealth of knowledge.

Best,

Dee

2nd that info
    The Patient Advocate Foundation is wonderful Dee. They are currently helping me with my situation and their response time and help has been very valuable. The colorectal cancer line for them is 866-657-8634. They will assign an advocate case manager for you.