Going to California

Options
elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My husband, the dog and I are driving to California tomorrow! They are only staying till Monday, but I think I'll stay about a week or so. Its going to be my last "vacation" for a long time. I am having a hysterectomy on Oct.12 then once I recover from that I have to start looking for a job. I have family in Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Harbor City and Torrance to see plus hopefully a couple of friends as well! Just wish this could have been at the same time as the big Re-union, darn it!

Comments

  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    vacation
    I'm from San Diego originally. I now live in Washington State. Have a safe trip and have lots of fun!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Oh how I wish I had the time
    Oh how I wish I had the time to drive down and see you! But we have a group of So Cal sisters who just might be able to work something out!!!!! I, alas, am in Central California, and just a bit too busy with Drs appts while you are here. Rats!

    Have a grand vacation!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Enjoy!

    Enjoy!
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm alittle more North of the mountains
    But you're gonna have a great time. I just love California and it's beaches. My husband and I love to go to the beaches, Newport, Huntington etc... The weather is suppsoe to be fabulous. Enjoy enjoy. Wish I could get away - thats where I'd go. Have a safe trip and Go with God.
    Love, Kelly
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    new2me said:

    I'm alittle more North of the mountains
    But you're gonna have a great time. I just love California and it's beaches. My husband and I love to go to the beaches, Newport, Huntington etc... The weather is suppsoe to be fabulous. Enjoy enjoy. Wish I could get away - thats where I'd go. Have a safe trip and Go with God.
    Love, Kelly

    Elm 3544 ... I am here in sunny Southern California ... lets
    meet!!! PM me time and day, and I'll drive to Huntington Beach to meet up with you!!! Yes, I am game ... and happy to engage with another Warrior -- Sister in PINK -- day or night ... I can hardly wait .. plus this gives me time to rest up .. as my hubby has been on vacation this past week .. and I've been running the streets having a grand time!

    Please note that I am having surgery on 9/29 .. otherwise, I am here available and ready to have a cup of coffee, lunch anything!!


    Vicki Sam
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    VickiSam said:

    Elm 3544 ... I am here in sunny Southern California ... lets
    meet!!! PM me time and day, and I'll drive to Huntington Beach to meet up with you!!! Yes, I am game ... and happy to engage with another Warrior -- Sister in PINK -- day or night ... I can hardly wait .. plus this gives me time to rest up .. as my hubby has been on vacation this past week .. and I've been running the streets having a grand time!

    Please note that I am having surgery on 9/29 .. otherwise, I am here available and ready to have a cup of coffee, lunch anything!!


    Vicki Sam

    VickiSam
    Sent you a PM. I am really excited to meet you!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    elm3544 said:

    VickiSam
    Sent you a PM. I am really excited to meet you!

    For the record~ you will
    For the record~ you will adore meeting VickiSam! She has the warmest, happiest, most generous personality! Enjoy! Enjoy!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    chenheart said:

    For the record~ you will
    For the record~ you will adore meeting VickiSam! She has the warmest, happiest, most generous personality! Enjoy! Enjoy!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    can't wait to meet her
    I am really excited! I also plan to meet up with some childhood friends. I don't usually look at going to OC as a "vacation" but I am this time! Going to make the most of it.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    elm3544 said:

    can't wait to meet her
    I am really excited! I also plan to meet up with some childhood friends. I don't usually look at going to OC as a "vacation" but I am this time! Going to make the most of it.

    I just got back from my
    I just got back from my caifornia vacation...i also just met Vickisam while i was there...shes amazing...have fun!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    jo jo said:

    I just got back from my
    I just got back from my caifornia vacation...i also just met Vickisam while i was there...shes amazing...have fun!

    I live
    in Torrance. I hope Vicki can drive to Torrance too. Next week I am having ultrasound (just waiting for a call). Please write me PM we can have mini-reunion.
    Hugs