Round 2 Is it worse

jolenew
jolenew Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been off the Herceptin for one year and now I find out my cancer is back, is the chemo worse on the second round? The first time a had a lumpectomy this time it will me a masectomy. Help please.

Comments

• mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    I'm so sorry
    I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you; someone here will be able to help, and I'm even sorrier that you'll have to go thru all this again. There are however several warriors here who've done this battle twice and they'll be a wealth of information for you.
    Good luck. Prayers and good thoughts are with you.

marge
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Every dx of bc is
    Every dx of bc is different...so too is treatment...my first chemo didn't go well, my body couldn't handle the trial...found out two years later that it was so hard on me because I was given chemo while I had an infection of the heart that went undetected...anyway on second recurrance was given chemo called 5FU in conjunction with radiation and it was fine...they even gave me a portable pump so I would go in and get the pump hooked up to port and went about my life and return on Friday to have it taken out and a two day break...but we are all different...and remember a recurrance is just another stepping stone to cross over...love shy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    I am so sorry that your
    I am so sorry that your cancer is back. Sending you prayers!

Hugs, Angie