Tomorrow is the Day - UPDATE 9/16

Options
2»

Comments

• Pennymac02
    Pennymac02 Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options

WENT GREAT
    Surgery went exactly as planned, cancer removed w/clean margins, lymph nodes out, flap installed in throat, arm repaired from removal of tissue for flap, trache installed.
    Ended up being 8.5 hours in surgery.

He is resting comfortably in ICU and will probably go to regular room tomorrow. Once he got adjusted to the trache he was ok - that took a few hours and was not pleasant to watch. Trache is only temporary - at most 3-4 weeks.

Got him up and into a chair today, and you'd have thought he ran a marathon, so he has a big recovery ahead of him. But at this time, he is cancer free, and we are moving forward.

My son and I are splitting hospital time - I go early morning and come home late afternoon. He stays late afternoon until about midnight. Has worked well, hopefully we can keep it up, as we are both getting our rest and doing ok (I wish someone could explain to me why sitting in a hospital room is so exhausting?!!!. My parents are also helping out filling in here and there.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. I'll pop back in a few days and let you know how it's going.

Take Care of yourselves!

Thumbs up!
    So glad you were able to find the time to let us know how things went! I'll continue lifting ya'll up in prayer. Take Care of yourself!
    Penny
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Options

WENT GREAT
    Surgery went exactly as planned, cancer removed w/clean margins, lymph nodes out, flap installed in throat, arm repaired from removal of tissue for flap, trache installed.
    Ended up being 8.5 hours in surgery.

He is resting comfortably in ICU and will probably go to regular room tomorrow. Once he got adjusted to the trache he was ok - that took a few hours and was not pleasant to watch. Trache is only temporary - at most 3-4 weeks.

Got him up and into a chair today, and you'd have thought he ran a marathon, so he has a big recovery ahead of him. But at this time, he is cancer free, and we are moving forward.

My son and I are splitting hospital time - I go early morning and come home late afternoon. He stays late afternoon until about midnight. Has worked well, hopefully we can keep it up, as we are both getting our rest and doing ok (I wish someone could explain to me why sitting in a hospital room is so exhausting?!!!. My parents are also helping out filling in here and there.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. I'll pop back in a few days and let you know how it's going.

Take Care of yourselves!

Great news!
    Kimmy,
    So happy that everything went so good. You must be so happy and relieved. He'll probably have a tough time ahead, but keep thinking positive. I'll still keep praying and thinking about you and your hubby and son!!! Keep posting when you have time!! Carole
    ;