just wondering if anyone else feels this way

Options
hopefullma
hopefullma Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
i am in 4 mths remission with stage 3b lung cancer,and now i find myself scared of every little thing ,i get mad at myself then all i want to do is cry. is this normal.i am so glad god gave me a second chance so far and i don't want to waste it .I am only 39 years old and have two daughters that i want to see grow up .all these "what if" come into my head. what I really wanted to know is does anyone feel this way ? Is the emotions i am feeling normal,and just part of the recovey?

Comments

• medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    don't worry (not so easy)
    Hi! Yes, I think it is normal; you have just gone through a life-changing experience. All sorts of stuff is happening to your body and you will never be the same, but that is not neccesarily a bad thing. You have realized that you are mortal. I was an absolute mess for awhile. I felt if cancer didn't kill me, anxiety attacks would. My doctor gave me a light prescription of something to calm me down. It worked and enabled me to get on with my work and life. I still have my down days but the sun always comes out eventually ;).
    Give yourself a break and good luck!
    Medi
  • kelli1843
    kelli1843 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    medi_2 said:

don't worry (not so easy)
    Hi! Yes, I think it is normal; you have just gone through a life-changing experience. All sorts of stuff is happening to your body and you will never be the same, but that is not neccesarily a bad thing. You have realized that you are mortal. I was an absolute mess for awhile. I felt if cancer didn't kill me, anxiety attacks would. My doctor gave me a light prescription of something to calm me down. It worked and enabled me to get on with my work and life. I still have my down days but the sun always comes out eventually ;).
    Give yourself a break and good luck!
    Medi

Yes, normal feeling. Every
    Yes, normal feeling. Every little ache, twinge or pain, I immediately freak and think it's something cancer related.

It will get better. For all of us. Hugs.
  • hopefullma
    hopefullma Member Posts: 13
    Options
    kelli1843 said:

Yes, normal feeling. Every
    Yes, normal feeling. Every little ache, twinge or pain, I immediately freak and think it's something cancer related.

It will get better. For all of us. Hugs.

thanks
    thanks makes me feel better knowing i'm not crazy. hugs back