Gilda Clubs

zinniemay
zinniemay Member Posts: 522
edited March 2014 in Emotional Support #1
Does any one go to The Gilda Clubs? There is one in Allegan Mi meets twicew a month they don't care what kind of cancer you have it is a meeting place. Even if you are just a support because you have been in these shoes.

Comments

• webozo
    webozo Member Posts: 82 Member
    never went around grand
    never went around grand rapids they are more for breast cancer. only for the suviors not for caregivers and all the meetings were during the day.
  • zinniemay
    webozo said:

never went around grand
    never went around grand rapids they are more for breast cancer. only for the suviors not for caregivers and all the meetings were during the day.

I went
    They have Gilda Club at 524 Marshall St (M-89 think) Allegan Michigan we went tonight they are for caregivers, cancer of any kind.Gilda Radner who it was named after died of Ovarian Cancer . The Allegan one does not have many people but my husband and I had a very good time. We had supper (did not have to or was ask to pray) . We sat and chatted laughted and they let us cry. I thought they did a great job, The start at 5 pm second and forth Monday so next one will be Sept 27 at 5 p.m. I know all the support groups we had looked into are all Breast cancer. This was the first one that did take all cancer and caregivers and supporters . I can say I had a nice time. I ask my husband what he thought he said lets go again. So I think he enjoyed it.
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    zinniemay said:

I went
    They have Gilda Club at 524 Marshall St (M-89 think) Allegan Michigan we went tonight they are for caregivers, cancer of any kind.Gilda Radner who it was named after died of Ovarian Cancer . The Allegan one does not have many people but my husband and I had a very good time. We had supper (did not have to or was ask to pray) . We sat and chatted laughted and they let us cry. I thought they did a great job, The start at 5 pm second and forth Monday so next one will be Sept 27 at 5 p.m. I know all the support groups we had looked into are all Breast cancer. This was the first one that did take all cancer and caregivers and supporters . I can say I had a nice time. I ask my husband what he thought he said lets go again. So I think he enjoyed it.

Wonderful!
    I'm glad you went and I'm even more glad your husband wants to go back! That's terrific news!
  • zinniemay

Wonderful!
    I'm glad you went and I'm even more glad your husband wants to go back! That's terrific news!

Gilda Clubs
    They are for any kind of Cancer, not just Breast Cancer. I think people who go there are more offen women but it is open for any one who has, had our lost a love one to Cancer.
    I think they did a very good job . For a littlw while we got out got to chat and even for a few minutes forget why we went. I would tell anyone to give it a try.