Back to it: Taxol and Cisplatin for Linda

Options
lindachris
lindachris Member Posts: 173
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
We start our third round of treatments tomorrow. Linda's last treatments ended February '08. Obviously we were hoping it whacked it completely but there is a tumor in her lower abdomen so we're going after it. You all know the score. Those two drugs are strong so we appreciate your prayers and well wishes. I'm going to try to get Linda to post and reply on this board since I think she'd benefit from talking direct to many of you.

God Bless. Wish us luck. From now through January.

Chris

Comments

• South Jersey
    South Jersey Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Saying a prayer.

Saying a prayer.
  • Angelasmom2
    Angelasmom2 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Prayer
    Will keep Linda in our prayers. My daughter Angela is having her second chemo this Wednesday the 16th. She had a pretty rough time with the first one and this one will be delivered throught a port in her abdomin and is supppost to be alot harder on her physically. Please pray for her.
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Nice Break
    Linda, you had a nice break with that length of time off. When my tumors reappeared it was in the lower left abdomen (sigmoid colon). Looks like the cisplatin and gemzar is holding it back but I do have to have blood transfusions because of low counts. Going in tomorrow, in fact. Keep us posted. Saundra
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    saundra said:

Nice Break
    Linda, you had a nice break with that length of time off. When my tumors reappeared it was in the lower left abdomen (sigmoid colon). Looks like the cisplatin and gemzar is holding it back but I do have to have blood transfusions because of low counts. Going in tomorrow, in fact. Keep us posted. Saundra

chemo break
    Linda, I have to agree with Saundra. I would have loved to have had such a lengthy chemo break. Good luck with your upcoming chemo. Hopefully you will get another lengthy remission.
  • lindachris
    lindachris Member Posts: 173
    Options
    saundra said:

Nice Break

Good perspective
    I'll share your comments with her. She's pretty wiped today. Monday was chemo and she came home from teaching preschool this morning. So we're seeing the limits on this round anyway. Next week's only Taxolel or whatever. She may have to have transfusions too. Thanks for the advice.
  • MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    Options

Good perspective
    I'll share your comments with her. She's pretty wiped today. Monday was chemo and she came home from teaching preschool this morning. So we're seeing the limits on this round anyway. Next week's only Taxolel or whatever. She may have to have transfusions too. Thanks for the advice.

Hang in there! Tell Linda
    Hang in there! Tell Linda (and you...caregivers are included), we are praying for her everyday!
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Taxol/Cisplatin
    Dear Chris, coming off a nice break from chemo, Linda's body will be strong and ready to take on ths strong combo. Wishing you the very best as you go after it!
    kathleen