Options
2»

Comments

• Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    leesag said:

Thank God for Farts!
    I think all of us can attest to the fact that we appreciate our less desirable bodily functions more now than ever! Jayne has been in my prayers (along with everyone else) and I am glad to hear that she is gassy!

Farting become a topic of conversation in my classroom when one of my students farted (apparently one of those lethally odiferous types) and everyone responded with snickers and gagging. Imagine the immediate change in their reactions when I informed them that farting was, in fact, quite healthy and my doctors wouldn't let me eat any food until I farted in the hospital! Ever since then, farts garner a comment or two, but not the total disruption that they used to cause!

So, tell Jayne... Yay for farts! God Bless!

Leesa

Gas is good !
    If someone told me a year ago I would be happy about a complete stranger being able to pass gas I would have thought they were crazy. It brought tears to my eyes when I read Jayne was farting. I know when my stomach rumbles with bowel sounds I am always releived .
    Since I feel like we are no longer complete strangers I wish everyone a happy, gassy day! :)
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ostomy
    She does not have an ostomy? Do you know if she was given this option in the past?
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    I am hoping for a miracle as
    I am hoping for a miracle as well for Jayne.

I just hate this cancer nightmare and will continue to keep Jayne in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Sharon
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    nancy591 said:

ostomy
    She does not have an ostomy? Do you know if she was given this option in the past?

No, she does not have an
    No, she does not have an ostomy. I'm not sure if she was given the option and declined it, or what. She is, however, willing to discuss it now, but I don't know if it would help.

For now she is leaving her gastro tube open and has reduced her intake of TPN nourishment from 16 hours per day to 12.