Baby Troy

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Natly, How is the little guy doing? Hoping that no new is great news?!

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Spoke with my son a little
    Spoke with my son a little while ago. They moved his room tonite. He was directly across from the nurses station and now he is further down the hall. When they changed his diaper this evening he actually cried. He has put on some weight. Wants to eat but having problems latching on. Becki is still pumping and right now it seems easier for him to take the bottle. This has been a grueling and exhausting experience for them but we are so grateful for his tears and desire to eat. He's still on IV antibiotics and the round should be finished this Saturday. I pray they keep him as long as necessary. My son thinks they may release him on Sunday.

Again cant tell you how much your info has helped.Thank you so very much. :)
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    natly15 said:

Spoke with my son a little while ago. They moved his room tonite. He was directly across from the nurses station and now he is further down the hall. When they changed his diaper this evening he actually cried. He has put on some weight. Wants to eat but having problems latching on. Becki is still pumping and right now it seems easier for him to take the bottle. This has been a grueling and exhausting experience for them but we are so grateful for his tears and desire to eat. He's still on IV antibiotics and the round should be finished this Saturday. I pray they keep him as long as necessary. My son thinks they may release him on Sunday.

Hang in there and remember
    Hang in there and remember that each day Troy is maturing and getting stronger. It may take him awhile longer to figure out how to latch on the breast, but don't get discouraged as premies suffer less nipple confusion and seem ok with switching to breast when they are developmentally ready. Just keep trying and I promise that that lightbulb will go off soon. That is great that he has put on any weight as all newborns lose at first, so that is an excellent sign. It sounds like Becki is an awesome mom and doing a great job. Give him a big hug from his Aunt Pink Sister and please know that my prayers are with you all!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Hang in there and remember
    Hang in there and remember that each day Troy is maturing and getting stronger. It may take him awhile longer to figure out how to latch on the breast, but don't get discouraged as premies suffer less nipple confusion and seem ok with switching to breast when they are developmentally ready. Just keep trying and I promise that that lightbulb will go off soon. That is great that he has put on any weight as all newborns lose at first, so that is an excellent sign. It sounds like Becki is an awesome mom and doing a great job. Give him a big hug from his Aunt Pink Sister and please know that my prayers are with you all!

excellent!

excellent!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    carkris said:

excellent!

excellent!

Troy
    The news sounds much better, prayers continue!
    Marsha
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Troy
    The news sounds much better, prayers continue!
    Marsha

Encouraging news
    Natly ,
    sending positive thoughts to Troy's way.
    Hugs
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    natly15 said:

Improving
    Natly sounds like there is some improvement which is great, I will continue to pray for the little guy!

(¯`v´¯)
    .`*.¸.*RE´
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    RE said:

Improving
    Natly sounds like there is some improvement which is great, I will continue to pray for the little guy!

(¯`v´¯)
    .`*.¸.*RE´

sounds like he is fighting - hungry, and showing spirit by
    crying. How are his wbc counts? hoping and praying the infection is under control and ready to leave his little body.

Keeping Troy, his parents and grandparents in prayer. How's little Brooke doing?

Vicki Sam
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Thank God what wonderful
    Thank God what wonderful news. Oh what a relief. Prayers still coming Kay
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Thank God what wonderful
    Thank God what wonderful news. Oh what a relief. Prayers still coming Kay

What a great mom and grandma Troy has!!!
    Pumping is not an easy task! But it ensures he is getting the BEST nutrition possible!
    God bless all of your family, but especially little Troy. Thanks for keeping us informed.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Glad little Troy is improving
    Will continue to keep him in my prayers, along with the family. Hugs, Jean
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    natly15 said:

Natly
    So glad to hear that baby Troy is doing better. My grandson was in the ICU when he was born and I know how hard it is to see them in there. They look so fragile, but they are stronger then we think. Will keep him in my prayers.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Jean 0609 said:

Glad little Troy is improving
    Will continue to keep him in my prayers, along with the family. Hugs, Jean

You Pink sisters are the
    You Pink sisters are the absolute most empathetic, caring, loving, spiritual women I've ever known, and I feel like I know each and every one of you. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS and encouragement. Many hugs to all of you.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    natly15 said:

You Pink sisters are the
    You Pink sisters are the absolute most empathetic, caring, loving, spiritual women I've ever known, and I feel like I know each and every one of you. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS and encouragement. Many hugs to all of you.

Glad he is showing
    Glad he is showing improvement. Continued prayers will be there for Troy and the family.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    fauxma said:

Glad he is showing
    Glad he is showing improvement. Continued prayers will be there for Troy and the family.
    Stef

I'm so glad
    to hear that baby Troy is making progress. I'll continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Char