phyllodes tumor

hope4strength
hope4strength Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Was diagnosed on 8/1/2010. Had simple mastectomy on 8/18/10. Am scheduled for consultation with radiologist on 9/23/10 to dicuss radiation treatment. Any words of wisdom from anyone?

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Hi
    Just try and relax. Take care of yourself! I didn't have to do radiation after my bilat mast last year. I did however, do chemo. I'm sure you already realize that a good support system is crucial, and having help available if you find you need it. God Bless and welcome.
    Alison
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I had to look up phyllodes
    I had to look up phyllodes tumors as I don't know much about them I am assuming that you have the malignant type? Interesting article about radiation and malignant phyllodes at http://www.cancer.dartmouth.edu/breast/phyllodes_partial_radiation.shtml

I have the more typical IDC and have had radiation X 2: one round in 1987 and then another round to my ribs in 2009. I really didn't have problems either time. Just a mild sunburn the first time. No sunburn the second time, but did have a little nausea due to the proximity of the liver to the ribs.

Hope this helps!