Options
124»

Comments

• forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Last Pet Photo of the Week ~ Buster
    My last will be Buster, my daughters (Melissa, she's 25 years old) bull dog....

Unfortunately she had to have Buster put down yesterday, from something we all can relate to, he had cancer.

Buster was only 7 years old, Melissa is pretty upset... She did go in and held him during his last few moments, the final act of companionship and love she could give him. Not to be alone and have the person he loved the most with him.

He had been diagnosed for awhile, but managed to keep it at bay for several years.

Gone, never forgotten and in our hearts, Buster Boy.

Best,
    John

Okay
    Hi All,
    Well I figured it out. So this is my BIG girl Lola. All 165 lbs of her. I'm glad that she fit in the picture. She is the best company when I feel so down or just plain crappy. Always nearby.
    Thanks again for doing the pet photos. Made me smile so wide
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Weimaraner
    Tim, is that a weimy...love they color. We were ath the dog beach Ft. DeSoto, awesome...Anyways there was a family there that had nine full grown weimaraners with them.

John

Yep that is a really big weimaraner, it is something to see a Dog so big and yet so genital, she really love children. My Pit Bill is about the same just need to take a picture of her.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Last Pet Photo of the Week ~ Buster
    My last will be Buster, my daughters (Melissa, she's 25 years old) bull dog....

Unfortunately she had to have Buster put down yesterday, from something we all can relate to, he had cancer.

Buster was only 7 years old, Melissa is pretty upset... She did go in and held him during his last few moments, the final act of companionship and love she could give him. Not to be alone and have the person he loved the most with him.

He had been diagnosed for awhile, but managed to keep it at bay for several years.

Gone, never forgotten and in our hearts, Buster Boy.

Best,
    John

Buster..
    So sorry to hear about Buster. I can not imagine having to go through that with one of my "boys" but my husband and I both agreed that if the time came and we had to put one of them down we would both be there holding him (and bawling our eyes out) so he would not be alone in his final moments. Just thinking of it now brings tears to my eyes. Please tell your daughter that I am sorry for her loss.

I finally got a picture of Meathead loaded as my profile pic. Meathead is my husband's dog, he's a 9 year old black lab who is going on 90 ;-) He has always been our problem dog as far as health goes, he's had several surgeries for numerous problems and he is starting to get a lot of gray (like my husband). He moves a lot slower now and creaks and moans and groans a lot but he is still our big baby who loves kisses and hugs...believe me he gets plenty of those each day.

Glenna
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Buster..
    So sorry to hear about Buster. I can not imagine having to go through that with one of my "boys" but my husband and I both agreed that if the time came and we had to put one of them down we would both be there holding him (and bawling our eyes out) so he would not be alone in his final moments. Just thinking of it now brings tears to my eyes. Please tell your daughter that I am sorry for her loss.

I finally got a picture of Meathead loaded as my profile pic. Meathead is my husband's dog, he's a 9 year old black lab who is going on 90 ;-) He has always been our problem dog as far as health goes, he's had several surgeries for numerous problems and he is starting to get a lot of gray (like my husband). He moves a lot slower now and creaks and moans and groans a lot but he is still our big baby who loves kisses and hugs...believe me he gets plenty of those each day.

Glenna

TY Glenna
    I'll make sure to relay the message to Melissa...she's on our FaceBook list also.

Ebony spared us that added pain when she passed. She was stubborn enough that she waited until she got back home from the VET and passed the next day at home...on her terms.

Very hard, it hit Shelley and I both especially hard the first few days. But gradually the pain slowly subsides...but she is never forgotten..LOL, actually Shelley and I were talking on the drive in to work this morning. We were remembering all of the crazy things she did or put us through. She definitely prepared us for our two choclate lab sisters...she set a standard that no other dog can achieve, LOL.

She was and still is, The Top Dawg....

JG
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    forme said:

Okay
    Hi All,
    Well I figured it out. So this is my BIG girl Lola. All 165 lbs of her. I'm glad that she fit in the picture. She is the best company when I feel so down or just plain crappy. Always nearby.
    Thanks again for doing the pet photos. Made me smile so wide

Lap dog???
    OMG - she is beautiful...big but beautiful. Is she Newfoundland??? My 95 pound Labs still think they are lap dogs, I certainly hope Lola doesn't think that way - lol.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Lap dog???
    OMG - she is beautiful...big but beautiful. Is she Newfoundland??? My 95 pound Labs still think they are lap dogs, I certainly hope Lola doesn't think that way - lol.

Yep, Lap Dog
    You can't see it very well, but she is sitting on her lap in the photo....