Good Dr. visit.

allmost60
allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
Hi all,
My blood counts were good and my cancer doctor is very pleased with how well I'm doing since round 1 last Tuesday. My count was 7.2. She said 4 is considered low. I asked about the shot and she said she wouldn't give that to me unless my counts got down to 2 or lower.Next labs will be on the 17th. The only tumor she could feel was a small one on the left side of my neck. Groin, throat, and clavical tumors have shrunk down where she can no longer feel them. The nodes under both of my arms are still sore, but she said all of the swelling has gone away and she can't feel any lumps. So...I guess I'm good to go until the 21st when round 2 starts. I hope everyone else with appointments today had good results..you have been in my thoughts and prayers all day.
Love...Sue

Comments

  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    blood counts
    Sue,
    Which blood count are we talking about? wbc or rbc. John
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    Good Doctor Visit
    Hi Sue,
    Congratulations on your good doctor report. It's great to hear that you are responding so well. I don't know about you, but I did find that the wait between treatments can be almost agonizing, and I have only just had my second treatment.
    I don't remember, how many treatments are you scheduled for?
    All good wishes,
    Tom
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    GREAT
    Good,good news Sue. The results from this treatment can be very rapid. I am so happy for you. If you don't need the shot so much the better. That should only be used if it is absolutely necessary. Some have wondered why they just don't automatically give it as a precaution and that is not the purpose of it. I had my EKG today and it was perfectly normal. I am happy too! All the best. Mary
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    COBRA666 said:

    blood counts
    Sue,
    Which blood count are we talking about? wbc or rbc. John

    WBC
    Those were the white counts. She didn't give me any numbers for the red but said everything looked great. The clinic was a zoo today because of the long weekend. I got there at 10:15 and didn't get out until 12:30. They had people stacked up 10 deep waiting for lab work. I sure hope I got all of the information I should of!
    Sue
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    tcvine said:

    Good Doctor Visit
    Hi Sue,
    Congratulations on your good doctor report. It's great to hear that you are responding so well. I don't know about you, but I did find that the wait between treatments can be almost agonizing, and I have only just had my second treatment.
    I don't remember, how many treatments are you scheduled for?
    All good wishes,
    Tom

    8
    Hi Tom,
    I was told I would have 8 treatments. I'm sooooo ready to relax for the next 13 days, and hopefully I won't get too antsy before the next round on the 21st. I've had myself so darn worked up for the last 3 months that today I actually exhaled a big breath when I left the clinic. I've been worn out from being so scared, so maybe from here on I'll handle each hurdle with a little more grace and calm...(not promising)..just hoping...ha!
    Sue
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    GREAT
    Good,good news Sue. The results from this treatment can be very rapid. I am so happy for you. If you don't need the shot so much the better. That should only be used if it is absolutely necessary. Some have wondered why they just don't automatically give it as a precaution and that is not the purpose of it. I had my EKG today and it was perfectly normal. I am happy too! All the best. Mary

    Good..good...good!
    Hi mary,
    So glad your EKG was perfectly normal!!! I ask God every night...please keep my heart strong and my breathing normal. Good day Mary...it's been a good day!
    Love...Sue
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    allmost60 said:

    Good..good...good!
    Hi mary,
    So glad your EKG was perfectly normal!!! I ask God every night...please keep my heart strong and my breathing normal. Good day Mary...it's been a good day!
    Love...Sue

    Yes
    It has been a good day and I hope it has for all the others as well. I wanted to share the EKG thing so that all will be a little reassured. I had a lot of treatment and almost 1 year after starting the heart is good. I too worried about it and didn't want any trouble. Mary
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

    WBC
    Those were the white counts. She didn't give me any numbers for the red but said everything looked great. The clinic was a zoo today because of the long weekend. I got there at 10:15 and didn't get out until 12:30. They had people stacked up 10 deep waiting for lab work. I sure hope I got all of the information I should of!
    Sue

    wbc
    Sue,
    That is really great. At least you can fight off infection with little problems. Mine are 10.2 right now,of course I have had 4 completed rounds and time to build back up. The neulasta shot helped with that too. I had round 5 today and all went well.My rbc are a little low at 3.98. Still not too bad. The normal for them is 4.70-6.00. No I am not a Dr., I have the print out in front of me. It gives the normal range as well.Sorta explains why I feel a little dragged out. Puts me at borderline anemia. Sounds like you are doing good and that is great. I was told you could feel lumps melt after 1st treatment. I know I did and it seemed it was the same for you. John
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Good..good...good!
    Hi mary,
    So glad your EKG was perfectly normal!!! I ask God every night...please keep my heart strong and my breathing normal. Good day Mary...it's been a good day!
    Love...Sue

    Much better
    Hi All,
    So glad that you had a good day. It's a joy to hear that kind of news. Keep it up and you will be through this before you even know it.
    I do believe that as time goes on, each treatment will lose some of the fear factor. When it's so new, everything is super scary. We all have our moments...
    Lisha