Chemo not working, results in.

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to my new oncologoist today, i got the results to my Pet scan and Mris. The good news is that the cancer has not spread to my brain, which was our biggest fear. However, the chemo that i was on for the last 3 months was not working. The tumor in my liver is still very large, 11 cm., and i still have swollen lymph nodes on my chest wall and and my stomach. I wlll now be starting Carblatin (not sure of spelling), taxodere and herceptin every 3 weeks. I will be starting this friday. I will have 3 cycles of this and then he will run the tests again to see if it is working. I don't know what to think about all this, i thought I was feeling better but now i have to start all over. Thank you all for your prayers and for being there for me.
«13

Comments

  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Oh Meena, I am so sorry that
    Oh Meena, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I am glad that the cancer has not spread to your brain though. I will be praying for the new regimen to work. Your pink sisters are here for you and love you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Meena, you sweet, kind wonderful WARRIOR .. We are
    here for you .. praying, keeping our fingers and toes crossed and keeping everyone dear and loved close to our hearts.

    Fight .. I was on this combo of drugs for 18 consective weeks .. Please let me know if there is anything, or if you need insight to side efforts - or if you ..just need someone to talk with - I'm up day and nights ... I'll send you my telephone information.

    Hugs, Strength and Courage.


    Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Dear Meena,
    I am so sorry to hear that the chemo isn't working. Hang in there, you are a strong lady. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    praying for you
    I will keep you in my prayers and hoping the new plan of attack does the trick. I am so sorry that your news was not good....but you have a new plan now. Again, positive thoughts send your way and many prayers. Hugs
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

    Dear Meena,
    I am so sorry to hear that the chemo isn't working. Hang in there, you are a strong lady. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean

    Sorry
    I have not been around for a little while, although you have been in my thoughts. I am sorry to hear this new battle. I know you will get your head around it, but know you must be feeling down right now. With love!
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    So very sorry, Meena...
    Moopy and I will continue to pray for you all the more fiercely and trust that that the new regimen will knock the beast back on its heels. The fact that you have been feeling better (despite the apparent lack of good results) only testifies to what a brave and strong warrior you are.

    God Bless,
    Joe and Moopy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

    So very sorry, Meena...
    Moopy and I will continue to pray for you all the more fiercely and trust that that the new regimen will knock the beast back on its heels. The fact that you have been feeling better (despite the apparent lack of good results) only testifies to what a brave and strong warrior you are.

    God Bless,
    Joe and Moopy

    You are OUR warrior!
    So sorry Meena that the chemo quit working. But, good news that the cancer hasn't spread to your brain. Sending you so many prayers and so much love!


    Hugs, Debby
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    So sorry
    So sorry you're going through this. You have my prayers so that this next regimen works for you.
    Hugs and love to you who's been an inspiration to all of us here.

    marge
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    DebbyM said:

    You are OUR warrior!
    So sorry Meena that the chemo quit working. But, good news that the cancer hasn't spread to your brain. Sending you so many prayers and so much love!


    Hugs, Debby

    I did not want to read this....
    You have been such a strong woman! I hope and pray that this tri-level treatment works for you this time!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

    So sorry
    So sorry you're going through this. You have my prayers so that this next regimen works for you.
    Hugs and love to you who's been an inspiration to all of us here.

    marge

    Meena
    my heart just goes out to you. It just isn't fair that you have to endure so much. It just is not fair!!! I am glad to read, of course, that the the cancer has not spread to your brain. That is very good news! But, I am so sad that you have to start on a new regimen of chemo.

    I wish I kick the beast in the a@@ for what he is doing to you.

    Please know that I am not only praying for you, but, I will add you to the prayer list at our church.

    You are so loved here Meena, and, you have all of your sisters in pink praying for you.

    Take care Meena,


    Sue :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Meena
    I know this is not the news you were hoping for. I'm glad it did not spread to your brain however, I'm sad that this means a whole new approach. I'm praying that this new trio treatment is what your body needs to heal. Wishing you the best as you start this new treatment on Friday.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

    Meena
    I know this is not the news you were hoping for. I'm glad it did not spread to your brain however, I'm sad that this means a whole new approach. I'm praying that this new trio treatment is what your body needs to heal. Wishing you the best as you start this new treatment on Friday.
    {{hugs}} Char

    I agree with Ritzy!
    I just HATE this stupid disease! You hang in there and keep hopeful that this combo of drugs will erraticate those tumors. Just because this last chemo didn't work doesn't mean this one won't show positive results! That is my hope and prayer!

    You are in ours thoughts and prayers Sister.

    Hugs,

    Sylvia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-(
    Meena I am sorry the drugs did not destroy the tumors, but on the good side of things it sounds like they kept the tumors in check and did not allow them to grow or spread so that is good news. I know it is not any fun to have to endure more treatment but you are worth fighting for! Keep your chin up and know that we are here pulling and praying for you!

    (¯`v´¯)
    .`•.¸.•´
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•..•¨*RE
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    RE said:

    :-(
    Meena I am sorry the drugs did not destroy the tumors, but on the good side of things it sounds like they kept the tumors in check and did not allow them to grow or spread so that is good news. I know it is not any fun to have to endure more treatment but you are worth fighting for! Keep your chin up and know that we are here pulling and praying for you!

    (¯`v´¯)
    .`•.¸.•´
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•..•¨*RE

    Im so sorry to hear the last
    Im so sorry to hear the last treatment didnt shrink and remove the tumors, You sound that you have a much better DR this time and the different chemo meds could make a differnce this time. All of us are here for you to make your journey more positve and supportive

    Steve
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options

    Im so sorry to hear the last
    Im so sorry to hear the last treatment didnt shrink and remove the tumors, You sound that you have a much better DR this time and the different chemo meds could make a differnce this time. All of us are here for you to make your journey more positve and supportive

    Steve

    Positive thoughts
    and prayers going out to you right now. Stay strong and have faith that the new chemo regime will give you the results we're all hoping for for you.

    Hugs, Sally
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Options
    xxoo
    I'm praying for you Meena.

    xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Meena... I am sorry to hear
    Meena... I am sorry to hear the chemo is not working. You are in my thoughts and prayers dear Sister. You know... I was on the same chemo( Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin) and had treatments every three weeks, too.

    We will always be here for you, Meena, cheering you on. God bless.
    BL
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

    Meena... I am sorry to hear
    Meena... I am sorry to hear the chemo is not working. You are in my thoughts and prayers dear Sister. You know... I was on the same chemo( Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin) and had treatments every three weeks, too.

    We will always be here for you, Meena, cheering you on. God bless.
    BL

    Meena my prayers and love
    Meena my prayers and love being sent to you as the regiment begins again. Thank God it hasnt gone to the brain, and I pray the growth on the liver starts shrinking. positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs being sent your way.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

    Meena my prayers and love
    Meena my prayers and love being sent to you as the regiment begins again. Thank God it hasnt gone to the brain, and I pray the growth on the liver starts shrinking. positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs being sent your way.

    Meena,
    So sorry for the

    Meena,
    So sorry for the news. I will keep you in my prayers and good thoughts.
    Stef
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

    Meena,
    So sorry for the

    Meena,
    So sorry for the news. I will keep you in my prayers and good thoughts.
    Stef

    Well that is a bummer, glad
    Well that is a bummer, glad they will try something new. I think its encouraging that you feel better and have reported less pain and its not advancing. Just have to find the right combo for you . I am sure you are glad you changed oncologists. I am always thinking of you as so many here do, and you are in my prayers. You are a special lady.