pramany pertinal cancer

Options
blue802
blue802 Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Can anyone tell me if they no if anyone can stay in remission from PPC.Can you beet this cancer and if not how long has anyone known how long some one has live from this cancer,I had heard that some one lived 12 years.I am still not sure what this is,I was told that its just like ovarian cancer.Does any one know what it is because I still don't know,The Doctor told me that i have a 20%chance of it not coming back and a 80% chance that it will.Thanks for your help. Mary

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Only God knows
    No one can answer those questions, Mary. Only God knows the number of your days. You could have a fatal accident this afternoon. Try to focus on making each day count and you will be in a better place. Saundra
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary
    I have PPC stage 4. What stage is yours? I have read somewhere that ladies can live for years as the chemo (if the lady can tolerate it) will keep the cancer cells from growning and make it dormant. My friend has PPC & she has been in remission for 3 years now. Everyone is different & it depends on how well you are & how well you cope with the chemo. What is your CA125 blood count?

Tina xx
  • clynn13
    clynn13 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I just found out I have PPC.
    I just found out I have PPC. Been told OVC. I have been going for 2.5 years and been in constant chemo for 1.5 years. I have handled it well. Just keeps coming back on my ab lining. Small, but there. I Know some women on another site I go to have had NED, and they have been done with chemo for quite sometime. It IS possible. Keep the faith. I know everything sounds so grim, **** I was so depressed when I read about PPC, no cure blah blah blah, there is no cure for ANY cancer, right? From what I have been reading about you, Your doing better than me, and your older too. I hope that you feel better. I always look at it this way, someone has it worse than me, and someone has it better than me, so Iam just inbetween. I have a great quality of life, I work, volunteer, eat better than I did before, but still eat what I want, and live as I did before I was diagnosed. I drink beer and wine, and partake on my husbands stash at times(just to help me sleep). I dont tell my dr. that, TMI. Oh I have a teenager, so I gotta keep going for her sake. {HUGS}
  • blue802
    Options

Hi Mary
    I have PPC stage 4. What stage is yours? I have read somewhere that ladies can live for years as the chemo (if the lady can tolerate it) will keep the cancer cells from growning and make it dormant. My friend has PPC & she has been in remission for 3 years now. Everyone is different & it depends on how well you are & how well you cope with the chemo. What is your CA125 blood count?

Tina xx

Hi Tina
    Thanks for your help,I am a stage 111C and I have been in remission for 30 mounts,and I thank God for that.I do have another cancer unrelated to PPC,2009 I was also diagnosed with colon cancer,In remission for 6 mounts,I look at you and I have not been though anything like what i been though and believe me I am very great full for that.I am so sorry for all that you have been going though,God Bless you and I will keep you and every one on this site in my prays.You Tina are a very strong person.Thanks for your support and the strong woman that you are.God Bless You ALL. Love Mary
  • blue802
    Options
    clynn13 said:

I just found out I have PPC. Been told OVC. I have been going for 2.5 years and been in constant chemo for 1.5 years. I have handled it well. Just keeps coming back on my ab lining. Small, but there. I Know some women on another site I go to have had NED, and they have been done with chemo for quite sometime. It IS possible. Keep the faith. I know everything sounds so grim, **** I was so depressed when I read about PPC, no cure blah blah blah, there is no cure for ANY cancer, right? From what I have been reading about you, Your doing better than me, and your older too. I hope that you feel better. I always look at it this way, someone has it worse than me, and someone has it better than me, so Iam just inbetween. I have a great quality of life, I work, volunteer, eat better than I did before, but still eat what I want, and live as I did before I was diagnosed. I drink beer and wine, and partake on my husbands stash at times(just to help me sleep). I dont tell my dr. that, TMI. Oh I have a teenager, so I gotta keep going for her sake. {HUGS}

I Like Your Sense Of Hummer
    Dear Clynn13,Thanks for the being older,and believe me I feel a lot older than I am,How old are you?I like your sense of hummer,God bless you,and yes I am very great full and no I don't take care of myself as well as i did before my cancer,all though I do try to walk ever night,I have to stop smoking Cigs.I stop smoking 22 years ago and started again when I found out i had cancer.I have 3 Daughter,23,21 and 19 years old.May be I should volunteer also.I did work in a hospital before my cancer but I am disable now.back fusion and my hands and feet are really bad from chemo therapy,That is why i have to take methadone for the pain.I thank you for your help and support,If i can be of any help to you or anyone on this sight I am here,Thank you,(HUGS)Mary
  • blue802
    Options
    clynn13 said:

I Like Your Sense Of Hummer
    Dear Clynn13,Thanks for the being older,and believe me I feel a lot older than I am,How old are you?I like your sense of hummer,God bless you,and yes I am very great full and no I don't take care of myself as well as i did before my cancer,all though I do try to walk ever night,I have to stop smoking Cigs.I stop smoking 22 years ago and started again when I found out i had cancer.I have 3 Daughter,23,21 and 19 years old.May be I should volunteer also.I did work in a hospital before my cancer but I am disable now.back fusion and my hands and feet are really bad from chemo therapy,That is why i have to take methadone for the pain.I thank you for your help and support,If i can be of any help to you or anyone on this sight I am here,Thank you,(HUGS)Mary
  • blue802
    Options
    saundra said:

Only God knows
    No one can answer those questions, Mary. Only God knows the number of your days. You could have a fatal accident this afternoon. Try to focus on making each day count and you will be in a better place. Saundra

Thank You Sundra
    Dear Saundra,Yes your right,I have to keep thing simple and live one day at a time.I am so happy that i found this sight.You all have something good to say,and you all have been though so much moor than I,I have to stop feeling sorry for my self,and try to help some one who is having a hard time.God Bless You.Love Mary
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    clynn13 said:

Hi clynn13
    Your message has given me hope, thank-you. It is true about there is no cure for cancer. I think we all need to LEARN to live again, to live WITH CANCER because it can be done - lots of people do it. Try to push it to the back of your mind and concentrate on living. I mourn my old life, things will never be the same again. But I am looking to find some new hobbies, keep well by eating healthy and drinking wine when I feel like it. I used to run, so I am finding I enjoy swimming now.

I am happy to be an "inbetweener" lol :)

Tina xx
  • clynn13
    clynn13 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi clynn13
    Your message has given me hope, thank-you. It is true about there is no cure for cancer. I think we all need to LEARN to live again, to live WITH CANCER because it can be done - lots of people do it. Try to push it to the back of your mind and concentrate on living. I mourn my old life, things will never be the same again. But I am looking to find some new hobbies, keep well by eating healthy and drinking wine when I feel like it. I used to run, so I am finding I enjoy swimming now.

I am happy to be an "inbetweener" lol :)

Tina xx

Iam glad I made you's feel a
    Iam glad I made you's feel a bit better. Hoping you stay well. clynn