Sweet
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options

Sending good thoughts your
    Sending good thoughts your way today!

Sweet

Pet Scan
    Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Hi Sweetblood, good to see you here. Was a great and interesting day. The best part is no evidence of disease. It was interesting in fact, fascinating, that the doctor decided to show me how it all works. For those of you that have had [et scans know that the room in which the machine is located is freezing the tech said it had to be that way for the camera? I asked how much of the body will they be scanning? she said from my nose top my thighs. When it was done, went and got a cup of coffee and then to the consulting room to see the doc. He came in and said he would like to show me the scan, there is a large screen computer in the room. He turned it on and wham, there was the movie of my body, he explained what we were looking at and then said, he likes "boring consults like this because it means I have a healthy patient" I really felt good that this man was my doc, he has been inter-active from the day I met him. I thanked him for preserving my life and he said "thanks are not needed just scans like this" no more scans until next year. I do have a videostrobe coming up on Thursday, this is to see how the healing is going. So, I feel great and am now mentally back on track (was funky minded there for a while) but I could blame that on just being a grouchy old British rock and roller.
  • delnative
    delnative Member Posts: 450
    Options
    denistd said:

Pet Scan
    Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Hi Sweetblood, good to see you here. Was a great and interesting day. The best part is no evidence of disease. It was interesting in fact, fascinating, that the doctor decided to show me how it all works. For those of you that have had [et scans know that the room in which the machine is located is freezing the tech said it had to be that way for the camera? I asked how much of the body will they be scanning? she said from my nose top my thighs. When it was done, went and got a cup of coffee and then to the consulting room to see the doc. He came in and said he would like to show me the scan, there is a large screen computer in the room. He turned it on and wham, there was the movie of my body, he explained what we were looking at and then said, he likes "boring consults like this because it means I have a healthy patient" I really felt good that this man was my doc, he has been inter-active from the day I met him. I thanked him for preserving my life and he said "thanks are not needed just scans like this" no more scans until next year. I do have a videostrobe coming up on Thursday, this is to see how the healing is going. So, I feel great and am now mentally back on track (was funky minded there for a while) but I could blame that on just being a grouchy old British rock and roller.

What wonderful news
    Congratulations, Denistd.
    When it comes to PET scans, boring is good.

--Jim in Delaware
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Pet Scan

I love Great news
    Denis

I just love to hear great news like this, see all the worrying was for nothing, sound like a realy cool doctor you have.

All the best my freind
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    denistd said:

Pet Scan

Beautiful
    Congratulations! What a gift.

Bob
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options
    denistd said:

Pet Scan

Nice one Denis !
    Great news Denis and very happy for you. Keep getting better. Always good to hear a story about NED.

Scam
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Pet Scan

ROCK ON!
    Great news from a truly great doctor. I would love to see one of my own scans. Rock out with "N.E.D." Welcome to the club. I'm so happy for you!

Deb
  • denistd
    Options
    D Lewis said:

ROCK ON!
    Great news from a truly great doctor. I would love to see one of my own scans. Rock out with "N.E.D." Welcome to the club. I'm so happy for you!

Deb

Strobe
    Tomorrow I get to look down my throat and watch everything work, fascinating. Sometimes the tech will touch the camera against your gag reflex, very uncomfortable. Denis
  • Irishgypsie
    Irishgypsie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    denistd said:

Strobe
    Tomorrow I get to look down my throat and watch everything work, fascinating. Sometimes the tech will touch the camera against your gag reflex, very uncomfortable. Denis

Congrats!
    Great News! Happy 4 u!!!!! :)
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

Congrats!
    Great News! Happy 4 u!!!!! :)

Awesome news! Loveth it!
    Awesome news! Loveth it!

And Irishgypsie that puppy is absolutely adorable!
  • denistd
    Options

Awesome news! Loveth it!
    Awesome news! Loveth it!

And Irishgypsie that puppy is absolutely adorable!

video
    Saw the ENT Today to go over the videostrobe of my throat, again we looked at it on the tv screen, weird seeing everything moving like that in your throat. He said the throat looks great and has healed really well, a little dried mucus was the worst thing he saw and said it was a lot less than he would normally see, it looks great he said. Been a good week. Denis
  • timreichhart
    timreichhart Member Posts: 194
    Options
    denistd said:

video
    Saw the ENT Today to go over the videostrobe of my throat, again we looked at it on the tv screen, weird seeing everything moving like that in your throat. He said the throat looks great and has healed really well, a little dried mucus was the worst thing he saw and said it was a lot less than he would normally see, it looks great he said. Been a good week. Denis

about PET scan
    should I be worried about my up coming PET scan because I just got done finishing my chemo and radiation treatments on August 9 of this year because the PET scan is on oct 7.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

about PET scan
    should I be worried about my up coming PET scan because I just got done finishing my chemo and radiation treatments on August 9 of this year because the PET scan is on oct 7.

ENT Report

Great New Denis, I pray all will continue well for you
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Hondo said:

ENT Report

Great New Denis, I pray all will continue well for you

Yeah!!
    Great news Denis. Congrats!!

Greg
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Yeah!!
    Great news Denis. Congrats!!

Greg

Great news!!
    Happy to hear that your scan was clean!!

Stay well,
    Glenna