Recurring breast cancer

Options

Comments

• ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    sal314 said:

Oh Man...
    that totally sucks! I'm sorry you have to go through treatment AGAIN!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take a day at a time and keep fighting sister!

Blessings,
    Sally

P.S...just curious about what kind of symptoms you had? Can't believe the **** dr. didn't or wouldn't listen to you! Freakin' unbelieveable! Ugh!!!

I hate to hear it's back
    Sorry that you are now having to go thru all the treatments again. Sending prayers and hugs your way. These days doctors are not my favorite people. Take care.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

I hate to hear it's back
    Sorry that you are now having to go thru all the treatments again. Sending prayers and hugs your way. These days doctors are not my favorite people. Take care.

It makes me so angry to hear
    It makes me so angry to hear that your doctor did not listen to you! this happened to me, for 4 months i complained to my oncologist and he blew me off. I just "fired" him, wish there was something i could do so that this does not happen to someone else
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

It makes me so angry to hear
    It makes me so angry to hear that your doctor did not listen to you! this happened to me, for 4 months i complained to my oncologist and he blew me off. I just "fired" him, wish there was something i could do so that this does not happen to someone else

sending Hugs your way.
    sending Hugs your way. Sendiing positive thoughts that his chemo will get rid of the remaining cancer.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

sending Hugs your way.
    sending Hugs your way. Sendiing positive thoughts that his chemo will get rid of the remaining cancer.

First let me say, That I am
    First let me say, That I am sending you lots of hugs and well wishes. It's just terrible when our doctors don't listen. Really what are we to do. We trust that we are being cared for. If a doctor gives me the all clear, I am ok, I believe them. This so sucks that you have to begin the treatment again. However, you can do this and we will be there with you.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Kat11 said:

First let me say, That I am
    First let me say, That I am sending you lots of hugs and well wishes. It's just terrible when our doctors don't listen. Really what are we to do. We trust that we are being cared for. If a doctor gives me the all clear, I am ok, I believe them. This so sucks that you have to begin the treatment again. However, you can do this and we will be there with you.

I'm so glad to hear you changed oncologists.
    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this battle again... We have all either been there and done that, or and hoping and praying that we don't have to do it again. However I think we all realize that the chances of the beast returning are there and we better be ready for the challenge when and if it hits us again. I've sort of come to the conclusion that if it's going to hit again I hope it's my other boob since I've seen how easy it is to live without one and how easy the surgery went. There are so many other places where you can't remove it with surgery! I pray that everything goes well for you. God bless,
    Lorraine
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Mama G said:

I'm so glad to hear you changed oncologists.
    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this battle again... We have all either been there and done that, or and hoping and praying that we don't have to do it again. However I think we all realize that the chances of the beast returning are there and we better be ready for the challenge when and if it hits us again. I've sort of come to the conclusion that if it's going to hit again I hope it's my other boob since I've seen how easy it is to live without one and how easy the surgery went. There are so many other places where you can't remove it with surgery! I pray that everything goes well for you. God bless,
    Lorraine

Irene, its so scary I keep
    Irene, its so scary I keep hearing about doctors not listening to their patients & wham! Cancer was back. I will be paying really good attention to my body and to what my doctors say in response, I will not take no for an answer or be desmissed. Thank you all for sharing with us this info. I may not have 100% positive attitude all the time, but what little I have Im sharing with you and all my sisters here. Praying for better news from you soon.

Hugs... Lupe
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

darn cancer!
    I hope your new oncologist is more receptive than the last one!

Isn't it amazing how well you know your own body??

Some docs dismiss that but the good ones listen.

Hang in there and kick cancer's butt again! You did it once and you'll do it again!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

p.s. and what a cute puppy in your picture!!!!

I am sending prayers and
    I am sending prayers and positive thoughts to you!

Hugs, Megan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Irene, its so scary I keep
    Irene, its so scary I keep hearing about doctors not listening to their patients & wham! Cancer was back. I will be paying really good attention to my body and to what my doctors say in response, I will not take no for an answer or be desmissed. Thank you all for sharing with us this info. I may not have 100% positive attitude all the time, but what little I have Im sharing with you and all my sisters here. Praying for better news from you soon.

Hugs... Lupe

Irene,
    Lots of hugs and

Irene,
    Lots of hugs and prayers. I hate hearing about these doctors who don't listen but that just proves once again that we are in charge of our own bodies. I am so sorry to hear about this for you and your family, but you will fight this beast again and we are always here for you.
    Wanda
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    bjmom1 said:

Understand recurrence
    Hi, I understand about recurrence I was diagnosis with bone met in my T6 in April. I kept telling my doctor and onoclogist that I did not feel well and I think my cancer came back. They did bone scan and ran blood work and could not find anything. But I kept having this feeling that it was back . I was right they finally found it in my bones.

I am glad you found a oncolgist that will listen to you. I wish you well we are fighter we can fight this and with support from the board and our family we can keep on fighting. I will keep you in my prayer.

Barbara

Barbara
    I wonder why the bone scan didn't see the cancer. This is just a nightmare if doctors and tests don't show anything. Best of luck.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Hi Irene,
    This is what we all fear the most. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I am sure happy that you are getting a new Dr, Good luck on Thurs. Please keep us posted. We are all here for you. All the way. Love your picture! Kay
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Got my support and prayers
    Dear Irene-

Please keep us posted on your next round of treatments. Unfortunately, there is a reason to be vigilant on our follow-ups. You do have friends here - it's so good to have them, but so bad we're all in the same boat.

Best wishes,
    Suzanne

Sending support and prayers
    Sending support and prayers too!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Got my support and prayers
    Dear Irene-

Please keep us posted on your next round of treatments. Unfortunately, there is a reason to be vigilant on our follow-ups. You do have friends here - it's so good to have them, but so bad we're all in the same boat.

Best wishes,
    Suzanne

Praying for you! Hugs,
    Praying for you!

Hugs, Angie
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your
    Sorry to hear of your recurrence. I hope that all goes smoothly and you can kick cancer's **** again. I am sending you prayers and great big hugs! Eil
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Adding my prayers and
    Adding my prayers and positive thoughts to the list.

Hugs

Donna

Sending you lots of prayers
    Sending you lots of prayers too!

Leeza
  • SusanEliz
    SusanEliz Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Not again!
    Hi Irene,

So sorry you have to go through this again- your previous doctor's behavior is infuriating but don't waste anymore time thinking about that- too negative. Focus on what a great decision you made for your future good health by moving on to a better doctor. You've handled this before and can do it again..... but I'm so sorry you have to! Many hugs, prayers and good wishes being sent your way from Long Island. Can you feel them yet?lol

Best regards,
    Susan

PS- Your dog is ADORABLE- is that a pink bow and bandana? What a cutie- I hope she brings you some smiles during this time!
  • SusanEliz
    SusanEliz Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Sorry to hear of your
    Sorry to hear of your recurrence. I hope that all goes smoothly and you can kick cancer's **** again. I am sending you prayers and great big hugs! Eil

Hi Eileen
    I couldn't help but notice your precious picture(makes me miss reading with my daughter who is now old enough to be away at college, sniff sniff!) and I clicked on your profile- I don't know how long ago you originally wrote it, but that had to be divine intervention about your sister's insistance taht you get tested- inspiring! And your 'what you learned' section was very comforting- just what I needed to read tonight.
    Thank you!
    Susan
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear of your
    I am sorry to hear of your recurrence. I will say a prayer for you. Take care.
    BL
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

I am sorry to hear of your
    I am sorry to hear of your recurrence. I will say a prayer for you. Take care.
    BL

Welcome Irene
    Sorry for your recurrence. Good luck with your new oncologist. Hopefully new doc is caring and knowledgeable who will provide effective treatment. Good that you find this side and I am sure you will have support and advice, make new friends and have laughs.
    Sending positive thoughts to your way.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    bjmom1 said:

Understand recurrence
    Hi, I understand about recurrence I was diagnosis with bone met in my T6 in April. I kept telling my doctor and onoclogist that I did not feel well and I think my cancer came back. They did bone scan and ran blood work and could not find anything. But I kept having this feeling that it was back . I was right they finally found it in my bones.

I am glad you found a oncolgist that will listen to you. I wish you well we are fighter we can fight this and with support from the board and our family we can keep on fighting. I will keep you in my prayer.

Barbara

So sorry about your
    So sorry about your recurrence as everyone else wrote. Sending you strength and prayers to fight the beast again! We are all here for you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Welcome Irene
    Sorry for your recurrence. Good luck with your new oncologist. Hopefully new doc is caring and knowledgeable who will provide effective treatment. Good that you find this side and I am sure you will have support and advice, make new friends and have laughs.
    Sending positive thoughts to your way.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way ...
    I do NOT understand our medical community. Once again, we WARRIORS are in charge of our bodies --- and we know it best! Fight.. Fight ..! We all must be prepared to move on to for a 2nd opinion, oncologist or hospital - if symptoms persist ..

I am so sorry you find yourself faced with another battle.

Love, Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam