I was stage 2 at biosey time went thru the surgery now im stage 3a

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I need help .I need prayers. I have dealt with a surgoen that laugh off a med error and has told me im incureable. Talks to me like I dont know anything. I know my body. I found the lump eight years ago. Now im being you will go thru radition drugs and chemo. Never mind Im left with nerve damage to deal from the surgery. Was not sent home from the hospital with a list of what I can do or cant. Im in Fl. Their false breast form gives me knee pain in my left knee it is bad already I have a bad right knee. Waiting to see my primary to get a referal for a change of docs. The cancer doc tied to the surgoen is and other trip I cant talk to him either. I get told I know whats good for you you know nothing.I am thank ful the man in my life is standing by me. But ladies I need help in dealing with the idiots in how to get me concerns across and feel like im being listen to .
How can you get to talk to like you are there and you understand what going on. Fell free to write me at canjuncutie@aol.com.

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    In your best Donald Trump voice
    "You're FIRED!"

Don't waste another second on someone who sounds like he shouldn't even be in that profession.

Educate yourseld with the type of tumor you have. You can get some good information from the internet. There are links here that are very helpful.

And then you "hire" the doctor that you feel fits the criteria you're looking for in a doctor. Does he/she have a good bedside manner? Do they listen? What are their credentials?

This is your right and yes, it is your body you are fighting for.

Best of luck. I'll e-mail you helpful websites.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    sea60 said:

In your best Donald Trump voice
    "You're FIRED!"

Don't waste another second on someone who sounds like he shouldn't even be in that profession.

Educate yourseld with the type of tumor you have. You can get some good information from the internet. There are links here that are very helpful.

And then you "hire" the doctor that you feel fits the criteria you're looking for in a doctor. Does he/she have a good bedside manner? Do they listen? What are their credentials?

This is your right and yes, it is your body you are fighting for.

Best of luck. I'll e-mail you helpful websites.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Wait---Hold UP here!!!
    Did your doctor say you were incurable??? Stage 3 is not a death sentence, Cajuncutie, and tell that jerk "bu-bye!" There are a number of sisters here that are a little further than Stage 2 and doing well. Get copies of your pathology reports and move on with finding someone with a little more consideration and passion for his patients than this jerk has.

In my little mind, there is nothing worse than a "doctor" who plays God and thinks they know it all. Obviously, this one doesn't. As Sylvia says, tell him (or them), "YOU'RE FIRED!"

Let us know how you go. So thoroughly ticked right now!!!

Jennifer
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    survives said:

Wait---Hold UP here!!!
    Did your doctor say you were incurable??? Stage 3 is not a death sentence, Cajuncutie, and tell that jerk "bu-bye!" There are a number of sisters here that are a little further than Stage 2 and doing well. Get copies of your pathology reports and move on with finding someone with a little more consideration and passion for his patients than this jerk has.

In my little mind, there is nothing worse than a "doctor" who plays God and thinks they know it all. Obviously, this one doesn't. As Sylvia says, tell him (or them), "YOU'RE FIRED!"

Jennifer

Where in FL are you?
    I'm in Sebastian and have a wonderful onc, but I did go to a lousy one first and had to get the nerve to leave her!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Mama G said:

Where in FL are you?
    I'm in Sebastian and have a wonderful onc, but I did go to a lousy one first and had to get the nerve to leave her!

Stage 3 is curable
    or at least can be treated. there are several of us on this board who diagnosis was changed as a result of the surgery. My diagnosis was changed from stage I to stage III after mastectomy. It is treatable and you need to find a good doctor for yourself. Surgeon does not make decision about Chemo and radiation. Please find a good medical oncologist for yourself.
    Good luck,
    New Flower
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Welcome Canjuncutie,
    Just because they call them Dr does not mean they should be. Fire him/her. I have stage three and it is not a death sentence. My Dr told me I will beat this and be fine. You certainly need a new Dr. And laughing at his/her own error, Don't go back there.. We are going through enough with out the added stress. Find a compassionate caring Dr. It means the world to have one. Are you near Tampa by any chance. Moffitt cancer institute is the best. They will take very good care of you. Your in my prayers Kay
  • canjuncutie

Welcome Canjuncutie,
    Just because they call them Dr does not mean they should be. Fire him/her. I have stage three and it is not a death sentence. My Dr told me I will beat this and be fine. You certainly need a new Dr. And laughing at his/her own error, Don't go back there.. We are going through enough with out the added stress. Find a compassionate caring Dr. It means the world to have one. Are you near Tampa by any chance. Moffitt cancer institute is the best. They will take very good care of you. Your in my prayers Kay

Thanks
    I am near Tampa. I am not planning to go back to him. I am happy I found this board and understanding. Tues I will get referals to a better doc. I dont like god complex.
  • canjuncutie
    survives said:

Wait---Hold UP here!!!

Jennifer

I got the copies
    I am moving on to find one I can talk to. This jerk is one of the top 5 surgoen in the county. I have FIRED HIM . waiting on tues to get refferals to better ones that I can talk to. Problem I have is i come from a med background so I understand more then they think i do. I took me eight yrs to get this far, I was told nothing was there. I know my body. Something was off big time in it.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

Thanks
    I am near Tampa. I am not planning to go back to him. I am happy I found this board and understanding. Tues I will get referals to a better doc. I dont like god complex.

Soooooo very glad
    you are moving on and away from this person. Keep coming back, and let us know how you fare, Cutie!!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437

Thanks

Hi canjuncutie, that is
    Hi canjuncutie, that is great that you are near Tampa, deff go to Moffitt cancer institute, they are the best in Cancer treatment. Im Cape Coral, FL so Tampa was really far for me, at least 2hour drive one way, I was lucky that my Onc doc came frm there and I love him. He is a great doctor. Make sure you get copies of all your surgeries, path reports, blood work, everything that has been done to you and keep a good record. This is the advise I got from a friend that her husband had cancer. Praying you will find a good team of doctors soon.

Lupe
  • canjuncutie
    Pinkpower said:

Hi canjuncutie, that is
    Hi canjuncutie, that is great that you are near Tampa, deff go to Moffitt cancer institute, they are the best in Cancer treatment. Im Cape Coral, FL so Tampa was really far for me, at least 2hour drive one way, I was lucky that my Onc doc came frm there and I love him. He is a great doctor. Make sure you get copies of all your surgeries, path reports, blood work, everything that has been done to you and keep a good record. This is the advise I got from a friend that her husband had cancer. Praying you will find a good team of doctors soon.

Lupe

Thanks Lupe
    I have copies of my path reports. Now I had to even fight with them to get it. They think I dont understand them. I do understand.wish my luck I see my primary on tues.I will keep you guys posted on things