Sue

dixiegirl
dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
Just wondering how you're feeling. Hopefully the bus hasn't hit too hard :)

Comments

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    Good so far
    Hi Beth,
    I feel really good today.(5). So far no truck, bus, mini van or car has stopped by my house and stayed...ha! Day two 2 and 3 I think a volkswagon beetle bug might have been parked at the curb with it's engine running, but it took off by afternoon. Sleeping 5 to 6 hours a night, eating most foods without too much sensitivity, and no pain or nausea. My neck and shoulders ache, but I can't call it a pain...more of an irritant. 1 anacin usually gives me some relief. Oh...the poop problem is still hanging on, but I'm trying every trick in the book to get things moving...prunes...juice...fruit...fiber..Seneokot-S yesterday and today, but still no movement. I don't hurt at all or feel bad...just bloated and "WANT" to go...ya know? I'm tired of peeing all of the time, but keeping the kidney flushed is so important. I've cut my water intake back after day 3, but I still pee all of the time. Hubby said the water bill will be off the hook as many times as I'm flushing. Were you told to flush your toilet twice because of the chemo coming out of you? I was. Flush and pee, flush and pee...ha! I'm trying to think if anything else is going on with me, but I guess if I can't remember, then it must not be happening...ha! Do you think the truck will come tomorrow because I won't be on any prednisone? I'm thinking maybe not until Monday, because it's still in my blood stream. Hey...maybe it won't come at all...right? I don't want to get blindsided, but I don't like sitting around thinking something is going to happen until it does. Sorry this was so long...I got carried away. Hubby went shopping and I'm kind of bored...ha! Have a good weekend Beth..(I'll keep posting after the pred is out of me)...Love....Sue
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    allmost60 said:

    Good so far
    Hi Beth,
    I feel really good today.(5). So far no truck, bus, mini van or car has stopped by my house and stayed...ha! Day two 2 and 3 I think a volkswagon beetle bug might have been parked at the curb with it's engine running, but it took off by afternoon. Sleeping 5 to 6 hours a night, eating most foods without too much sensitivity, and no pain or nausea. My neck and shoulders ache, but I can't call it a pain...more of an irritant. 1 anacin usually gives me some relief. Oh...the poop problem is still hanging on, but I'm trying every trick in the book to get things moving...prunes...juice...fruit...fiber..Seneokot-S yesterday and today, but still no movement. I don't hurt at all or feel bad...just bloated and "WANT" to go...ya know? I'm tired of peeing all of the time, but keeping the kidney flushed is so important. I've cut my water intake back after day 3, but I still pee all of the time. Hubby said the water bill will be off the hook as many times as I'm flushing. Were you told to flush your toilet twice because of the chemo coming out of you? I was. Flush and pee, flush and pee...ha! I'm trying to think if anything else is going on with me, but I guess if I can't remember, then it must not be happening...ha! Do you think the truck will come tomorrow because I won't be on any prednisone? I'm thinking maybe not until Monday, because it's still in my blood stream. Hey...maybe it won't come at all...right? I don't want to get blindsided, but I don't like sitting around thinking something is going to happen until it does. Sorry this was so long...I got carried away. Hubby went shopping and I'm kind of bored...ha! Have a good weekend Beth..(I'll keep posting after the pred is out of me)...Love....Sue

    sue
    Hey Sue, the things we talk about!!!!! LOL The peeing is crazy!!! but keep hydrating very important, I'm telling you what works for me on the other end, hahahaha is just a plain old stool softener, I take two a day and I've have not had a problem since , hope that help's, have a nice weekend....... Vinny
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    vinny59 said:

    sue
    Hey Sue, the things we talk about!!!!! LOL The peeing is crazy!!! but keep hydrating very important, I'm telling you what works for me on the other end, hahahaha is just a plain old stool softener, I take two a day and I've have not had a problem since , hope that help's, have a nice weekend....... Vinny

    Things we talk about...
    I know Vinny..Maybe it's the age we are at. I think Beth said something about this awhile back and I laughed then thinking "No way" will I talk about "peein and poopin" in a support group...ha!ha!ha! BTW...about an hour ago my tummy did some weird flip flops and now all is well...(awwwwww) The 6 prunes must have done the trick..."YES"...happy day!...Sue
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Things we talk about...
    I know Vinny..Maybe it's the age we are at. I think Beth said something about this awhile back and I laughed then thinking "No way" will I talk about "peein and poopin" in a support group...ha!ha!ha! BTW...about an hour ago my tummy did some weird flip flops and now all is well...(awwwwww) The 6 prunes must have done the trick..."YES"...happy day!...Sue

    Better days
    Hi Sue,
    Good to hear that things are "moving" along. That can be such a "pain". Also glad to hear your feeling good. I also believe that if you don't need the meds, don't take them. Of course, you do need them on some days, just to keep everything nice and easy.
    Today is a much better day for me too. Pain is minor and I hope it stays that way. If I continue to feel okay, we may go see a movie.. It's been awhile and I think my husband would enjoy it if I were to go out with him. LOL.
    Thinking of you..
    Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    forme said:

    Better days
    Hi Sue,
    Good to hear that things are "moving" along. That can be such a "pain". Also glad to hear your feeling good. I also believe that if you don't need the meds, don't take them. Of course, you do need them on some days, just to keep everything nice and easy.
    Today is a much better day for me too. Pain is minor and I hope it stays that way. If I continue to feel okay, we may go see a movie.. It's been awhile and I think my husband would enjoy it if I were to go out with him. LOL.
    Thinking of you..
    Lisha

    Yes go to the movie!
    Hi Lisha,
    That sounds like a good idea. We have 2 rental movies to watch this evening. I'm so glad you are having a good day also...so cool...huh? I just had to believe that this cancer couldn't be bad all of the time and every day and I'm so glad each day seems to be a little better. I'm just glad I'm happy, peaceful and comfortable for today. Have fun this weekend. Love...Sue
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Yes go to the movie!
    Hi Lisha,
    That sounds like a good idea. We have 2 rental movies to watch this evening. I'm so glad you are having a good day also...so cool...huh? I just had to believe that this cancer couldn't be bad all of the time and every day and I'm so glad each day seems to be a little better. I'm just glad I'm happy, peaceful and comfortable for today. Have fun this weekend. Love...Sue

    Tummy and Tush issues
    Hi, Sue,

    I can understand what you have been going through. My constipation was real for a week but the Metamucil did the trick few days ago. Now it is the bloating. I found taking different OTC medicines challenging and thought of drug interactions. Learned as a general rule, do not take others till one hour later after taking for example steroids then take antacids later. Boy, I am not used to take many different pills! But I don't take them much if I can help it...
    Glad to hear your side effects go easy on you.

    Have a great day,
    Liz
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member

    Tummy and Tush issues
    Hi, Sue,

    I can understand what you have been going through. My constipation was real for a week but the Metamucil did the trick few days ago. Now it is the bloating. I found taking different OTC medicines challenging and thought of drug interactions. Learned as a general rule, do not take others till one hour later after taking for example steroids then take antacids later. Boy, I am not used to take many different pills! But I don't take them much if I can help it...
    Glad to hear your side effects go easy on you.

    Have a great day,
    Liz

    Glad you're both doing well!
    Hopefully everything works out best for both of you! I know the constipation and bloating were so incredibly debilitating for me I could do nothing but cry. I've never been so uncomfortable in my life. Like I've said before acupuncture did wonders for both problems and I can't say enough how much relief I got.

    But, it's not for everyone, just keep an open mind. No amount of juice, senokot, fruit did anything for me. I am just amazed you are sleeping, and very happy for you.

    Keep up the good work ladies, sounds like you are both doing pretty darned good! Take heart, it gets easier once you know what side effects (if any) you have. Knowledge is key!

    Love,
    Beth
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member

    Tummy and Tush issues
    Hi, Sue,

    I can understand what you have been going through. My constipation was real for a week but the Metamucil did the trick few days ago. Now it is the bloating. I found taking different OTC medicines challenging and thought of drug interactions. Learned as a general rule, do not take others till one hour later after taking for example steroids then take antacids later. Boy, I am not used to take many different pills! But I don't take them much if I can help it...
    Glad to hear your side effects go easy on you.

    Have a great day,
    Liz

    Metamucil
    I really wish it would have done the trick, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I have had stomach issues for years, maybe it has something to do with that LOL.

    Take care, get lots of rest and I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    dixiegirl said:

    Metamucil
    I really wish it would have done the trick, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I have had stomach issues for years, maybe it has something to do with that LOL.

    Take care, get lots of rest and I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend

    Thanks Beth
    Beth...You have a "great" weekend too! I appreciate "EVERYTHING" you share...you and the others that have been at this for awhile are just "life savers"!!!!
    Love...Sue