Body ache

gelovime
gelovime Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all, I was under AC, Taxol and now on Herceptin and recently , like two weeks ago, I have a lot of body ache, my muscles are all tight, my legs feel heavy and achy, my arms too, is like I did tons of excercise....I was reading that Herceptin could have this side effect, and I know is hard to know with all this...anybody with this sensation?????

Comments

• Kgy
    Kgy Member Posts: 30
    Body Melt
    That is what I call it. Yes I had and have the same thing I have been told though that it will get better over time and mine actually has it is just taking a while.

Good luck with your treatments. Stay positive and all will work out fine.

Kim
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Herceptin
    Yes I do get ache from the herceptin only 1 left to go. My onc said a lot of people complain about it. Small price to pay it is a wonderful drug it has only around for about 10 years, before that there was on other drug to treat us with HER2.I have been told it is the new miracle cancer drug. The aches do not last long hang in there! Good Luck.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I also have this with
    I also have this with herceptin. It does go away for me after about a week. I get it every three weeks with taxotere and carboplatin. Then I will be on herceptin for the rest of the year also. Take care Hope you pain goes away soon Kay
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Aches
    My muscles felt and still feel that way. I didn't take Herceptin but I had taxotere and carboplatin. Once I finished it chemo it has gotten better slowly. My legs especially feel like that. My arms are much better now. Going up and down stairs kills me some days. I have to put both feet on the same step, then move to the next one. Sometimes I have to pull on the handrail too. Keep the faith it does get better.

Janie
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    AMomNETN said:

Aches
    My muscles felt and still feel that way. I didn't take Herceptin but I had taxotere and carboplatin. Once I finished it chemo it has gotten better slowly. My legs especially feel like that. My arms are much better now. Going up and down stairs kills me some days. I have to put both feet on the same step, then move to the next one. Sometimes I have to pull on the handrail too. Keep the faith it does get better.

Janie

I am headed for my last
    I am headed for my last treatment with herceptin next week. It gets better as you go.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Kat11 said:

I am headed for my last
    I am headed for my last treatment with herceptin next week. It gets better as you go.

herceptin
    Today I had my 28th consecutive week of Herceptin. The first 10 were combined with Taxol (and Zometa once every 4 weeks). Then I was on just H and Z for 15 weeks. Today was my 3rd week of adding Taxotere to the H & Z. All of these drugs are known to cause these aches and pains, so I keep very sore ribs and abdominal muscles all the time. My finger tips and toes are affected by a minor amount of neuropathy, but my legs aren't bad, other than the fact that they're not as strong as they used to be.

Good luck to you, I hope these problems pass quickly when you're finished.

Marsha
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Kat11 said:

I am headed for my last

Sorry
    Sorry, guess I hit "post" twice.
    MM
  • gelovime
    gelovime Member Posts: 15

Sorry
    Sorry, guess I hit "post" twice.
    MM

Thanks!
    Thank you so much, I feel much better now because I didn't understand why I feel this way.
    This support is great!!!!
    Take care.