Bloating

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have had colon surgery, liver resection and a hernia repair. I am 1 year post chemo. I am NED, and my stomach is constantly bloated. My ONC has put me on a stronger Prilosec for acid reflux. My question is , Is anyone's belly constantly swollen after having surgeries. My ONC does not think that my belly should be bloated this late in the game. So, depending on my CEA and depending on my bloated belly, or all the above, I may need a scan.

I'm hoping it's due to exercise, but not sure.

Comments

• lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Me too.
    Yes, I have had this odd bloating too for quite sometime. Recently, I have been drinking more liquids and have found that my bowel movements are more like "normal" (that is bigger instead of ball drops.) The bloating seems to have subsided but the verdict is still out. It could be that I have been eating more apples and raw carrots too. I do feel much better without the bloating.
  • Me too.
    Yes, I have had this odd bloating too for quite sometime. Recently, I have been drinking more liquids and have found that my bowel movements are more like "normal" (that is bigger instead of ball drops.) The bloating seems to have subsided but the verdict is still out. It could be that I have been eating more apples and raw carrots too. I do feel much better without the bloating.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

My ONC said that bloating
    My ONC said that bloating with pain should be checked out with a scan, so even if I have been exercising, he is checking it out. He thought I was on acid reflex meds, but told him no. He wants me on them. You know my live surgeon also put me on them. Helps with gas and all, so I will let you know how it goes. This morning my stomach feels a bit flatter.

Also eating pineapple daily helps with bloating.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Nana b said:

My ONC said that bloating
    My ONC said that bloating with pain should be checked out with a scan, so even if I have been exercising, he is checking it out. He thought I was on acid reflex meds, but told him no. He wants me on them. You know my live surgeon also put me on them. Helps with gas and all, so I will let you know how it goes. This morning my stomach feels a bit flatter.

Also eating pineapple daily helps with bloating.

Thanks for the info and please keep us posted.
    Thanks for the info and please keep us posted.

Lizzy