Options
2»

Comments

• lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Options
    Paula G. said:

Sorry Les
    Sorry that the news wasn't what you (we) hoped for and sorry that we couldn't have been at the Huntman to see you and Dave. Both John and I wanted to be there good or bad.

We did here about the IV vitamin C treatment from a doc here in Salt Lake. He had never done it before but gave us a paper on it and I am looking for it now. It seems like it was a Doc in CA but can't really say for sure until I find the paper. The guy we saw here didn't really give John or myself a really good gut feeling. Not about the treatment but about him!

We will be up to see you when you come for biopsy barring any unseen problem. We ar gratefull to you for sharing and being our friend. Paula

Thanks all for your support
    it means a lot to me right now!

Regarding surgery, I have what is termed multiple mets by my medical oncologists. There are two with uptake; one in upper right lobe, one in lower left lung base. Another 5 mm node that was suspicious stayed stable and has no uptake nor does a 9 mm R hilar node. There were no new pulmonary nodules with this last scan (yay!). I need to clarify all this with my medical onc tomorrow because it seems the bilateral multiple met factor precludes me form surgery. Whether that might change with chemo I don't know. That's why I want to talk to the thoracic surgeon Sept 27. Additionally my liver function tests were elevated alanine (ALT) 99and aspartate (AST) 177. They've never been that high before (have been in normal or near normal ranges since dx. Docs were not concerned 'cause PET/CT showed normal liver.

Paula I just got a lead on a ND in Park City that a nurse friend of mine in SLC knows. Once I know the name etc I'll pass it along. They do IV Vit C in conjuction with adjuvant chemo. Need to find out if they are following the UKansas protocol which may be more involved.

Love to you and John,
    Leslie
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Hi Leslie!
    Hi Leslie!
    Craig