Anyone Old Enough to Remember Alfalfa from Our Gang?

Options
missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Even with my less-than-one-inch hair, I still managed to wake up today with a sprout on the top of my head, very much resembling Alfalfa! When I looked at my dog, he barked at me! The fun just never ends!

At least I've had a few laughs already today!

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I remember Alfalfa! When I
    I remember Alfalfa! When I picture him, aside from his wide open eyes and sticking up hair, I can hear him singing "I'm the barber of Seville!" I can see you in my minds eye~ glad your hair gave you a days laugh! LOL And perhaps the dog wasn't so much barking, but laughing with you! Or cheering hair growth! :-)

Hugs
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    that is funny especially
    that is funny especially with the dog. make sure to take a picture!!!!! My hair came in very strangely, but no alfalfa sprout, I did have it trimmed, which made me cry. I didnt want to lose any of it, but it did look better. more normal. When I pictured my hair growing back, it wasnt like that. Jimmy buffet had it right "if we couldnt laugh we would all go insane"
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Alfalfa rocked!
    I always thought he was the coolest of the bunch.

I wonder what your dog was trying to say??

Laughter IS the best medicine :)
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Mine came back looking a lot
    Mine came back looking a lot like an untrimmed hedge covered in ashes. I took a beard-trimmer to it to even it up, then I dyed it copper-colored. It got very curly, but I cut off the curls when I cut off the red after it grew to about 3 inches all over and I could see that the roots were not going to be dirty-grey. It has been mostly straight and brownish-blonde since then (showing silver "highlights", though--is it chemo or is it being 46---hmmmmm).

Keep laughing. seof
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    seof said:

Mine came back looking a lot
    Mine came back looking a lot like an untrimmed hedge covered in ashes. I took a beard-trimmer to it to even it up, then I dyed it copper-colored. It got very curly, but I cut off the curls when I cut off the red after it grew to about 3 inches all over and I could see that the roots were not going to be dirty-grey. It has been mostly straight and brownish-blonde since then (showing silver "highlights", though--is it chemo or is it being 46---hmmmmm).

Keep laughing. seof

Haha - very funny!
    Is your dog all white with a black circle (patch) around one eye?
    Marsha
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I remember.

Count me in! I remember.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    you made my day! LOL Yes, I remember Alfalfa and The Our Gang show. What a hoot that your dog barked at you :-) My 2 young granddaughters saw my bald head yesterday. The 4 year old laughed and said you look like my daddy (he has a shaved head) and the 2 year old just stared at me like I was an alien! We have to be able to laugh about our hair situations. You go girl!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I Loved Alfalfa!
    That was the best show! Granted, when I watched I was VERY young! LOL. But I do remember it!

Sally