CHEMO CURLS GONE!

Options
MAJW
MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This is a silly post but.......I finally had my hair cut today! I finished chemo 1 year ago this month.........I have not had even a trim until today.....my hair was about 5 1/2 inches long and can you say "KINKY, CURLY, Chemo curls?" Never had curly hair before. I probably should have had it trimmed all along but something in me just wouldn't allow me to allow ANYONE to come near me with a pair of sissors.......Chalking it up to being bald for so long...Anyway, I had it all chopped off and am back to my "normal" short hairdo! And the curl is gone except for a tiny little bit......I feel more like my "old" self now too.....I have had the same guy do my hair for 18 years......hadn't seen him since he buzzed it 14 months ago.....He was amazed, to say the least.....When he was finished, he said....."Nancy's back!" Also when he swept the hair up, he said....."Looks like a cat laying there, there's so much hair!" And sadly, he told me his 39 year old daughter has bc now too...a rare kind.....It's everywhere! Said her physician at Boston Mass told her it is epidemic in women 25-39.......Let's me out with that age group....anyway, for those of you who are waiting on hair to return, it does......

Peace be with us all....
Nancy

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Congrats on chemo curls gone
    Congrats on chemo curls gone Nancy! I bet you feel more like yourself now! Can you post a pic for us to see?

Lex♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Congrats on chemo curls gone
    Congrats on chemo curls gone Nancy! I bet you feel more like yourself now! Can you post a pic for us to see?

Lex♥

I too had straight hair and
    I too had straight hair and now my hair is curly, also not the same color, I wondered if I will feel sad when they go away though??????????? so glad you are happy and feeling like yourself!!!!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

I too had straight hair and
    I too had straight hair and now my hair is curly, also not the same color, I wondered if I will feel sad when they go away though??????????? so glad you are happy and feeling like yourself!!!!

Not a silly post at all.
    Not a silly post at all. You are excited! And, you deserve to be. Glad that it makes you feel so good again!

Hugs, Debby
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Nancy
    enjoy the new hairdo without the chemo curls. I've always had slightly curly hair and now I'm bald. It will be interesting in seeing what my hair looks like when it grows back in someday.
    I live in CT and was told that we have the highest incidence of breast cancer (1 out of 7) and Rhode Island has the highest incidence of Lung Cancer. It is scary seeing so many young people being dx with bc though! Makes my heart ache )-:
    {{hugs}} Char