Last Day on Tamoxifen Today!!

Options
sal314
sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Whoo-hoo! Today is my last day taking that little white pill! It will be so weird to wake up tomorrow morning and not having to take the little hormonal hell inducing pill! LOL.

I'm so, so, SO excited!! Thank you Jesus!

Blessings,
Sally

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    congratulations Sal. glad
    congratulations Sal. glad you finished with this phase. My onc told me tamoxifen takes a while to get out of your system, so it may take a bit for symptoms to go away. Yay for you !!!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    You go Sally!
    The countdown finally came to an end!!!!! So what's the final reward? The banana split, massage?????? I am so happy for you. Hugs, Jean
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!
    We need to know what you decided about how to celebrate - you deserve a great celebration for completing 5 long years!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    YEA!!
    So happy for you. I only have 4yrs. and 354 days and I will be through with it!! You give me hope, thank you. Truly happy for you. Treat yourself to something great. God Bless
    (((Hugs)))Janice
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

YEA!!
    So happy for you. I only have 4yrs. and 354 days and I will be through with it!! You give me hope, thank you. Truly happy for you. Treat yourself to something great. God Bless
    (((Hugs)))Janice

Congrats Sally on getting
    Congrats Sally on getting rid of the hormonal hell producing lil white pill! LOL

You need to celebrate this somehow! Taking tamox for 5 years is a huge accomplishment!

Enjoy your day,

Lex♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    A milestone! YAY YAY YAY!!!
    A milestone! YAY YAY YAY!!! So happy for you,Sally!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

A milestone! YAY YAY YAY!!!
    A milestone! YAY YAY YAY!!! So happy for you,Sally!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You should be excited!
    You should be excited! Congratulations!

Hugs, Diane
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options
    DianeBC said:

You should be excited!
    You should be excited! Congratulations!

Hugs, Diane

Pea Green
    As Scarlett would say, I'm pea green with envy that you don't have to take one of the pills from hell anymore ( I'm still on it after having to go off the AI pills from hell). Congratulations - kick up your heels and celebrate!

Hugs, Sally
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Congrats!
    Good for you, Sally. You will be able to start off September, 2010 with a whole new outlook.

I often wonder how I've done so well remembering to take my Tamoxifen every day. I hope I can make it the whole 5 years without any major problems.

Celebrate!

Wolfi
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Congrats Sally
    It sure must feel great to be done with the Tamoxifen! You go girl :-)
    Char
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    How I'm Gonna Celebrate...
    Well today I bought myself some cute little earrings. And I'm gonna get a massage in the next couple of days. And I decided I'd go shopping (which I hate and never do) and actually buy some new outfits for the fall! Nothing too fancy, just basic stuff so I don't look like one of those women you see on "What Not to Wear"! LOL. It's been a looooong time since I bought myself clothes! I'm one of those rare women who finds shopping torturous! LOL.

Thank you ALL for the well wishes! For those of you that are just starting out and think 5 years is FOREVER, you will be surprised how fast it goes! You can do it!!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    sal314 said:

How I'm Gonna Celebrate...
    Well today I bought myself some cute little earrings. And I'm gonna get a massage in the next couple of days. And I decided I'd go shopping (which I hate and never do) and actually buy some new outfits for the fall! Nothing too fancy, just basic stuff so I don't look like one of those women you see on "What Not to Wear"! LOL. It's been a looooong time since I bought myself clothes! I'm one of those rare women who finds shopping torturous! LOL.

Thank you ALL for the well wishes! For those of you that are just starting out and think 5 years is FOREVER, you will be surprised how fast it goes! You can do it!!

Blessings,
    Sally

CONGRATULATIONS. It's
    CONGRATULATIONS. It's wonderful to know I too will get through the next five years. Enjoy yourself!! Keep in touch.
    Sparkle
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    You did it and you should be
    You did it and you should be sooooo proud! Best wishes and have a great celebration!